The Pattern of the Journey

beacon

I was thinking about the first few months of my quit and how I posted on the boards quite alot. I posted about dizziness, stomach aches, craves and anger and and clear lungs and weight gain and feelings of sheer joy . The first month, the first drink, the first vacation, the first taste, the first drs appointment,. Each of these were special, unique, important to me, my experience. The old phartes commented, comforted, celebrated, and laughed .

What I didn't know at the time was that 1000+ nonsmokers before me had posted very similar comments at very same time frame during their own quits. Yet these were their own unique experiences. The old phartes helped in very similar ways.

Tthere is a pattern , a standard journey of the quit that we all follow, experiencing the same thing as we journey. This means we can rely on the nonsmokers on the path ahead who tell us how it will be if we continue to travel. True release. True freedom. This is what they are telling us and we can believe it is true.

• Like 18

It is so so important to share what works.  It's also important for newbies to ask since it helps solidify the seasoned folks in their quits.  When I first got here, I read the Pinned threads in Quit Smoking Discussions and it really helped during those initial hours of my quit.  

It's an ever moving door here on the QT and there will always be a hand to grab in either direction.

• Like 5

I love this Beacon and wholly agree. It calms the fears to hear someone else has been where you are...it quietens the nicodemon to remember where you have come from - and so the unique partnerships circle of quitters is.  

• Like 3

It is so so important to share what works.  It's also important for newbies to ask since it helps solidify the seasoned folks in their quits.  When I first got here, I read the Pinned threads in Quit Smoking Discussions and it really helped during those initial hours of my quit.  

It's an ever moving door here on the QT and there will always be a hand to grab in either direction.

As a Newbie I am so grateful for all of these posts. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

What I didn't know at the time was that 1000+ nonsmokers before me had posted very similar comments at very same time frame during their own quits. Yet these were their own unique experiences. 

I love this post, beacon.

• Like 4