January 25, 201511 yr They say winter storm Juno just may be one of the top 5 worst storms ever! It's not just you east coasters, as this system is dumping snow all along its path, but it looks like you guys are going to really get hit hard...blizzard conditions! I think I am far enough north in Ohio that we may "only" get a few inches...Still, my wife had to work today and I had her drive my Jeep instead of her Fusion just in case we get more than they say.. So...seriously...any of you along the North East coast, be prepared and stay safe... Winter sucks!
January 25, 201511 yr I do not miss taking 10 min to get all bundled up to go outside to smoke in a blizzard. :negative:
January 25, 201511 yr My driveway was cleared yesterday, but the overnight plowing and wind made enough of a mess and I had trouble getting out this morning. We are looking at snow on Fri too. I get a kick out of the people that buy 5 gallons of milk lol. It would go bad before you could drink it all and what happens when you lose power?
January 25, 201511 yr Thanks Joe, looks like it's going to be a big one. Ughh. Stay safe my fellow NE friends.
January 25, 201511 yr Author Might want to hold on With your offer Bakon ... Some of the predictions show your area getting a substantial amount also...it may not be as much as Ginger is going to get, but it may be enough to cause problems. I sure am glad I have another 3weeks until I have to worry about work. :)
January 25, 201511 yr Wow...scarey stuff...we don't get anything like this....thankfully... Stay safe peeps...xxx
January 25, 201511 yr sorry but I have to say that I am happy that it isnt us in WI getting nailed......that being said stay safe and only go outside if there is no other choice. Stay in with a good book or movie whichever you prefer.
January 26, 201511 yr I got a generator if you need it ginger. Stop over and I will help load it Thanks for the offer Bakon, however, by the time I get to you the storm would be over. Anyway, with a major oil leak stemming from the engine, power steering leak and the fact that I am in need of a major exhaust overhaul, I'm gonna stay put lol. We do have a gas powered generator, it's enough to charge cell phones and my pet goat's video game systems.
January 26, 201511 yr Just reading this and definitely can't imagine a snow storm ... But stay safe all ( and enjoy you 5 L of milk ! ) .... Sending positive and warm thoughts your way xx
January 26, 201511 yr Pippa, I remember that when I was living in Chicago I was giving some visitors from Kenya a tour of the area. It was February; there was no snow on the ground but the grass was all brown. One of the visitors noticed the brown grass and asked me if we were having a drought. I said no, the grass is brown because the ground is frozen. They really had a hard time comprehending that. It's funny the things you take for granted because you live with them. You don't even realize that other people might find it strange.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.