From EL BANDITO to el bandito

El Bandito

How is the injury?

This is the beginning(yesterday) of the 4th week back (restricted (slow and short runs))

Next Monday it ramps back up to full speed and full distance, assuming no heel/arch pain.

Looking good so far...

Easy Peady

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so a couple of weeks on.

That little thing called Christmas just about passed now.. :-)

Was at the gym for the fifth time today. Light workout with weights, some fat burning and a swim. (Nice bit of sauna and jacuzzi in there too). I have found a decent gym and have been given a program to break me back in (as it were!) I'm still a long way from a triathlete, but I am enjoying my visits.

The dog was kind enough to buy La Bandita and I a Nutribullet for Christmas, and I gave that a runout today. For the uninitiated this is a kind of blender/juicer machine. The idea is that you half fill the cup with greens and then add fruit. The resulting smoothie is packed full of vitamins and nutrients. The fruit half wipes out the greens taste, so the taste is pretty good so far.

There is a complete diet plan that comes with the machine, but for the moment, I'm just going to make one of these smoothies my standard breakfast and go from there.

Progress. Jeans are looser, maybe a size down next time that I buy. Weight down a couple of pounds, even with Christmas, so pleased about that. Feeling relaxed, looking forward to the gym again tomorrow.

• Like 3

I am with you on this Bandit, since I whacked my head I gained 10 lbs.  Exact weight will not be posted anywhere.  Anyway, I now have one of those Up by Jawbone devices, sort of like a Fitbit and hope it will help me stay on track.  

• Like 1

Secret here Colleen is perhaps to give up whacking the head?

Heard good things about the UP. I'm sure that weight will fly back off you.

Weight has broken through 270 for me (heading the right way) and a good workout this morning.

sun has got his hat (and gloves and scarf) on, so La Bandita and I are going to wrap up warm, wrap the dog up warm and take him for a long walk.

La Bandita is taking a Pilates class tomorrow, so more gym time for me!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Progress Report

Been a bad boy gym wise this week. Not made it yet this week.

Life getting in the way. 

But La Bandita has got her car now, I managed two rounds of golf.

Overall - weight is down 6 pounds, fitness up - and some good habits in place. Will be off to the gym tomorrow morning...

On track!

Year of the Fit...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Holy Thread Revival Batman!

Progress Report.

Progress is slow, but progress nevertheless. Down to 263 pounds. Down a t shirt size to XL from XXL. In US terms I am now an L. Jeans that were too tight are now too big. So definite progress.

My scale automatically updates MFP, so weight bounces up and down all of the time.

Loss gets easier for me now as the weather improves and I feel more inclined to follow a little white ball around several fields. Essentially that works out to be a 4 hour walk with 20 pounds on my back, keeping the heart rate in the fat burning zone.

From MFP, I can see that lots of QT folk are making great progress.

2015. Year of the Fit!

• Like 4

Well done Stu!!!  So proud of you.  

My gym guy tells me to throw out the scale..(i can't, but i try to not weigh myself more than once a week).  It's not a race.  It's all about lifestyle change...there is no finish line.  Sort of like quitting smoking.  you keep the quit for life.  In the beginning you stare at your ticker, willing it to move...lol.  Now I never look at mine...(except recently because I'm about to hit 20,000 cigarettes not smoked)

• Like 1

I skipped gym two months and lost 10 pounds.

Are island pounds less? At 215 I am a 2xl shirt. When 205 I can get an xl to fit but know first wash it will be to tight in shoulder and chest. Also prefer long but hard to find without getting extra big in waist too. For some dum reason an xl or xxl in long is made for Santa claus bellies.

Started back to gym about three weeks ago and gained 4 pounds. I am calling to muscle as pants fit fine. I suggest you call it water weight too

• Like 1

Usually US XL is a XXL here.

Bakon. We are talking about Men's clothes here right? You are not shopping in Victoria Secret again are you?

Soon I might be able to climb out of the clown car without rolling......

Babs, I know what you are saying, but there is no doubt that watching the number drop motivates too. All good!

• Like 1

You European guys wear your shit too tight. Like your a teenage boy. Shirts are not another layer of skin

If your xxl is our xl then give me three x's. 46/48 chest. 34/36 waist.

I would wear xl but they all shrink. Xxl are too big in belly mostly. But shrink them and fit better than xl.

Now in women's I know to add two shoe sizes and nothing in Victoria secrets will fit me. Big girl store.

I love seeing a guy in a skin tight shirt. Being taller and usually bigger than average guy I especially love the guys who are 40/50 and got on a tight t shirt. I ask them if it's a smedium. But I eapecially love the gym heads bulging out. I ask if they got their little sisters shirt on. I don't go up to strangers looking to tease them on shirts but if I know you or you bring up style wearing a too small shirt...Muscles or not most won't want to fight when you look crazy.

• Like 1

I lived in Germany three years. We got Bosnians here since mid 90's. I can spot you smedium wearing euros a mile a way. That's more than a kilometer and a half. Your measurement system is worse than my spellin