July 11Jul 11 I know most you are here bc you quit smoking. I am here to quit both smokeless tobacco and nicotine pouches. Same addiction different delivery method. A little about myself I started smoking cigarettes in high school with some friends on the weekends but being so heavily active in sports I quickly transitioned to skoal and cophenhagen dipping tobacco. Used that crap for about 25 plus years and again switched to Zyns and nicotine pouches. Thinking I was making a healthy choice that’s definitely not true. Anyways I a here to quit that drug cold turkey. Thank you!!
July 11Jul 11 Welcome to the train. Indeed it is all about nicotine and not how it is delivered. I als quit Cold Turkey and found it far from easy but very doable. Gradually it goes better. You need to put time in it. But it is time well spent. Reach out to us in case it gets difficult. Anyway keep us posted on your quit journey.
July 11Jul 11 You're absolutely right. Same addiction to nicotine just a different delivery system. The same rules apply to recover yourself. Hard or easy for you the result will be the same ... freedom. It's worth every bit of angst you may experience in the early days of your quit. It's very doable to get yourself free. Best Wishes.
July 11Jul 11 Welcome to the Train @Sportsfan66!! You’ve come to the right place for support in kicking a nicotine addiction. Withdrawal may be bumpy, but the ultimate freedom is freakin fantastic! So glad you’re here. Keep us posted on how you’re feeling.
July 11Jul 11 Welcome Aboard @Sportsfan66 Glad you made the choice to take your life back Freeing yourself of the chain of nicotine is the best thing you can do for yourself. We have loads of great information on our Main Discussion Board , start at the ones pinned with green . You can do it 🐸
July 11Jul 11 Welcome @Sportsfan66 You are doing a great thing in quitting nicotine. It may be difficult early but it does get better with time. Stick around and let us know if and when you are struggling. We are here to support you.
July 12Jul 12 I can understand how you got drawn into thinking using the pouch would be the answer to quitting. That's the way they market those nicotine pouches here in Canada anyway. They show a fit, active young man who's telling everyone he's tried to quit many times before and now that he's using the pouches he's finally quit!! Ah ....NO! He's just switched nicotine delivery methods and possibly upped the amount of nicotine he's putting into his body every day. The marketing of this things is so deceiving 😡 You're doing the right thing in getting rid of nicotine from your body & brain altogether. We're here to support you in your battle for freedom!!
July 12Jul 12 Start reading about nicotine addiction to understand it. It's not as hard as you may have been led to believe. Stick with it.
July 13Jul 13 Welcome @Sportsfan66! 😊 That's great you've made the decision to quit! i know it'll be tough in the beginning, especially as you're quitting cold turkey and I hope you check in daily and read the amazing info on this site, it's very useful! You can do this! 💪 Edited July 13Jul 13 by SD2026
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.