Newcomer Check-In

DenaliBlues

Hey, @JudiMD. Thanks so much for sharing and posting! We've got a few weeks in our rear-view mirror now, don't we? Something to feel proud of. At least in moments where I'm not a hot mess! 😜 Quitting after 64 years takes a lot of grit and determination - I think you are amazing. I'm really sorry to learn about your diagnosis and surgery. Body trauma, emotional trauma, and the trauma of quitting all rolled into one. How is the recovery going for you? I'm having ups and downs, but small successes are steadily accumulating.

I'm not an expert on this platform yet, either. But bumping around and sorting things by "start date" and "recently updated" has exposed me to a lot of wonderful people and posts and a lot of practical wisdom in this community. (Plus it keeps my mind and fingers occupied, which is helpful!) Good people here. Glad you are one of them.

Denali Blues  

• Like 5

I'm not very Tecky either ...

When I first joined the forum ...I could just about type with one finger ...

I've learnt such slot along the way ...Thanks to the kind folks here ...

Don't worry Judi ,it will come ...focus on your great Quit ...😁🐸

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome @DenaliBlues.  Sorry I’m so late answering but just meandering around the website and came across your post.  Hope you are still doing good.  I am doing great.  An occasional thought but, thank God, it’s just a thought, not even a crave, and it is fleeting.  Let me know you’re still here if you get the chance.  

• Like 4

Hi @JudiMD. You betcha, I’m still on the Train - thanks for checking in. Sometimes I’m frazzled. Sometimes I’m fierce. But I’m always smoke free, and that’s what ultimately counts. I’m benefiting so much from the company, perspectives and support I’m finding in this forum, and it’s getting incrementally easier. Glad you are doing great, hope you continue to heal well!

• Like 6