Crappy day

Linda

How can you miss something that  you know is bad for you. I know the answer the addiction.woke up this morning and thought damm I want my cup of coffee and a cigarette. The Covid mess does not make it easier, can't really get out and do much. Today when I got up is was 3 degrees out. So certainly not wanting to do outside activities. So this being stuck in the house is getting old!!! So it has to get better one way or the other. Thanks for letting me vent

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Linda said:

Thanks for letting me vent

Venting is perfectly fine and is a good thing.  It does help.

As you know, smoking will not help....anything.  It will not fix the crappy situation with covid, restrictions, social distancing, etc. 

You can't control this covid mess but you can control your quit.  You are right, the answer to how you can miss something that is so bad for you is the addiction.  But, it will not always be this way.  Things do get better with time, even if it doesn't feel that way right now.

Vent away.  Do whatever you need to do as long as you don't smoke.

• Like 4

Vent away Linda.  We all have been there.  Once you get the nicotine out of your system, quitting is a matter of changing your thinking. You need to find a way to redirect those thoughts.  When I would get the urge to smoke, I would close my eyes, take a deep breath and imagine my body healing.  Find something, anything to distract you.

I am in Ohio, which is pretty close to you.  It is very cold here and we are suppose to be getting a lot of snow.  We are on the horizon of things getting better.  Hang in there.  Always post when it is tough.  You have many friends here.

• Like 5

I couldn't have said it any better than @johnny5 Linda, it's the addiction trying to suck you back in. It was days like that that I used my air cigarette (JAC). If that doesn't work, suck on a candy. Can't eat candy and smoke at the same time. Ans sometimes I just said the heck with it and went back to bed hoping tomorrow would be better and it usually was 🤗

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Venting is perfectly fine and is a good thing.  It does help.

As you know, smoking will not help....anything.  It will not fix the crappy situation with covid, restrictions, social distancing, etc. 

You can't control this covid mess but you can control your quit.  You are right, the answer to how you can miss something that is so bad for you is the addiction.  But, it will not always be this way.  Things do get better with time, even if it doesn't feel that way right now.

Vent away.  Do whatever you need to do as long as you don't smoke.

I know that smoking won't change anything but it still is not easy sometimes

3 minutes ago, Mee said:

Vent away Linda.  We all have been there.  Once you get the nicotine out of your system, quitting is a matter of changing your thinking. You need to find a way to redirect those thoughts.  When I would get the urge to smoke, I would close my eyes, take a deep breath and imagine my body healing.  Find something, anything to distract you.

I am in Ohio, which is pretty close to you.  It is very cold here and we are suppose to be getting a lot of snow.  We are on the horizon of things getting better.  Hang in there.  Always post when it is tough.  You have many friends here.

Thanks Mee

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

I couldn't have said it any better than @johnny5 Linda, it's the addiction trying to suck you back in. It was days like that that I used my air cigarette (JAC). If that doesn't work, suck on a candy. Can't eat candy and smoke at the same time. Ans sometimes I just said the heck with it and went back to bed hoping tomorrow would be better and it usually was 🤗

Thanks jillar I'm trying this as to be my final quit because I know if it isn't I won't go through this again,but some days its like I don't care. Hopefully it is

Punching pillow????

It's crap,being stuck inside ...can you just nip outside and take 10 big breaths in the fresh air ...

Jillar,s Air cig really does help ...try cutting a straw the Same length  as a cig ....or a pen ..

Try puzzles ...read stuff in YouTube..,time just passed by ....

Keep coming here ...

Just don't smoke ....it's all Temporary what your feeling ...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Linda said:

Hopefully it is

Take hope out of the equation Linda and have faith in yourself that this WILL be your last quit. I had a hard first year too so I get it, we all get it and unfortunately the only way past is through.......... 🤗

• Like 1

I know it is hard to amuse your self when you are stuck inside, Get a fan and make noises into it, sign a song drive your pets nuts.

Turn up the Radio or put your Best Jam in run around in you underware singing at the top of your lungs.

spend some time remembering how to have fun and intertain your self.  If you have a cat I know one that will have you laughing so hard you could wet your self.  (Cat people may not approve)  But promise it does not hurt the Kitty

Here you go start with this

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Opah said:

I know it is hard to amuse your self when you are stuck inside, Get a fan and make noises into it, sign a song drive your pets nuts.

Turn up the Radio or put your Best Jam in run around in you underware singing at the top of your lungs.

spend some time remembering how to have fun and intertain your self.  If you have a cat I know one that will have you laughing so hard you could wet your self.  (Cat people may not approve)  But promise it does not hurt the Kitty

To funny Open, but that did make me smile thanks

Just now, Linda said:

To funny Open, but that did make me smile thanks

Hate auto correct sorry Opah

• Haha 3

I just needed a vent session with you all, I have a nephew that is in Fla in the hospital and  damm virus and not being able to be there for him , both his parents are gone,makes me pissy. I know smoking won't help and I need to learn that life happens and cope With it other than smoking. But thanks for all the support. Even if I was there I can't see him already checked that out,

• Like 2

Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words. I'm feeling better right now and if it weren't for all you I might be smoking right now and I am not. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. You all got me through the day!!!!

• Like 2