July 7, 20206 yr My former partner and I took a trip to NJ in 2017 to attend his daughter's wedding. While there we went to a vape shop in PA that was incredible in terms of selection, quality and customer service. We told them how much we wished they were in Seattle so we could go there regularly. Just now, watching the news, there was a brief mention of PA and BAM I had a monster craving and I giggled to myself. I love trying to figure out if a craving had a specific trigger. It helps me deal with it and if I can giggle at the absurdity (in this case a three year old trigger) it lightens the mood and helps me see this for what it is....an addiction.
July 7, 20206 yr 42 minutes ago, idontsmoke said: ...I had a monster craving and I giggled to myself. I love trying to figure out if a craving had a specific trigger. It helps me deal with it and if I can giggle at the absurdity (in this case a three year old trigger) it lightens the mood and helps me see this for what it is....an addiction. It's wonderful to get to the point where we can just laugh at it and no longer need to put up a fight with the cravings. I find that it helped my quit tremendously once I comprehend the fact that it was an addiction, then every time a craving came on it was much easier for me to overcome it because I realize now that I'm fighting for my freedom because I no longer want to be an addict. Where as in previous failed quits I thought I was just trying to break "a habit". Education about smoking is definitely essential for quitting.
July 7, 20206 yr Author 7 minutes ago, JohnQ said: It's wonderful to get to the point where we can just laugh at it and no longer need to put up a fight with the cravings. I find that it helped my quit tremendously once I comprehend the fact that it was an addiction, then every time a craving came on it was much easier for me to overcome it because I realize now that I'm fighting for my freedom because I no longer want to be an addict. Where as in previous failed quits I thought I was just trying to break "a habit". Education about smoking is definitely essential for quitting. I agree! I have lost the temptation for alcohol, now that I'm four years sober. I just don't want it anymore. I'll get that way with nicotine
July 7, 20206 yr 3 minutes ago, idontsmoke said: ... I have lost the temptation for alcohol, now that I'm four years sober... You certainly have been doing great things to take care of your body and health Michelle, that's wonderful to hear.
July 7, 20206 yr Author 37 minutes ago, JohnQ said: You certainly have been doing great things to take care of your body and health Michelle, that's wonderful to hear. Thank you John...so are you! Our quits are only one day apart and we rock. I'm glad you made the decision to be good to yourself.
July 7, 20206 yr You both have your heads in the game here. It's a lot easier to fight an addiction once you know and understand that's what it is you're dealing with! I'd say you are both well along the freedom trail
July 7, 20206 yr @JohnQ and @idontsmoke you are both rocking your quits. Keep forging ahead because freedom is wonderful!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.