The 3's?

So I've been rank, moody and super duper emotional...and then today I'm normal (hoorah, victory dance, boom! etc) and I feel good again, like normal crazy me...  Is it at 3 weeks you go bat sh*t or is it supposed to be a week long thing, cause it'd be great to catch another break after a tough few days feelings wise?  Olders and wisers on the 3's??

• Like 1

Marti, I wish I could provide an answer...but the truth is that everyone is different.  Just tell yourself that three weeks is done, and that it is going to be much better going forward...and hopefully that will make it so!  Very glad to hear you are having a great day!

3 weeks was hard for me. Ok, it sucked. Then I was Ok for a while, then 3 months was a bit bad too. Whether or not it was just my mind playing tricks on me after hearing about the '3s' (probably!), but yeah, the 3s sucked for me. Luckily no more 3s I'm the foreseeable ;)

So I've been rank, moody and super duper emotional...and then today I'm normal (hoorah, victory dance, boom! etc) and I feel good again, like normal crazy me...  Is it at 3 weeks you go bat sh*t or is it supposed to be a week long thing, cause it'd be great to catch another break after a tough few days feelings wise?  Olders and wisers on the 3's??

If you expect to go bat shit you will.  I did not experience any of the 3's, but some people do.  I prefer this rule of 3's regarding quitting smoking and everything else in life. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEnHzV9XpL0

Cool, in the power of positive thinking I will assume any nastiness is all done and dusted and it will be magical henceforth... well just not crazy. I believe in those 3's though, week 2 I was happy as larry and then - BOOM - emotional nightmare, and I'm not a crier! Nice to feel mellow again today :) xx

• Like 3

The 3's actually were hard for me too.

Of course, I've been know to be completely nutzo depending on the hour.

Ask my family!

Anyway, hang in there through the batsh*t phases because as you well know, they do end.

:)

There's 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, and 6's. It all runs together....urges and the addiction don't run in packs of 3's to be noticed.

Some things may have happened at 3 intervals for some, for some reason, but the addiction doesn't know time, except it's time for another smoke.

Healing knows time in that you continue to heal daily and there are healing time frames.

If you expect something to happen at those specific intervals, then in your mind it may very well, but no solid proof.....

Don't take the 3's to make something out of it, something may happen on day 3, and or week 3, and or month 3, but not becaust it was a timeframe of 3. Things happen on the 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, and 6's for different reasons for different people.

I always found it was similar to waiting for water to boil...seems like it takes forever.

The quit is a roller coaster ride. Good days, bad days, a great morning followed by a crappy evening and vice versa. I think knowing this ahead of time sets your mind at ease because you understand its part of the process and won't last forever. Also helps to know you are not alone...and that it really does get better. But it's gradual. You will be going about your day then suddenly realize "wow! I haven't even thought about smoking in hours or days or months". It's an awesome moment. :)

• Like 1