Nope

Ikea

Welcome Ikea.  Nope is the best way to start. 

This forum is also a wonderful place for support while you are getting through your quit.

I smoked for 42 years and tried many different methods to quit.  I stumbled across this forum and am so grateful that the people on board were able to guide me to success.

Educate yourself and stay close to the forum.  We are here for you.

• Like 3

Welcome Ikea! Yes, knowledge is power so you need to read every bit of information you can about nicotine addiction. There is an entire library of Joel videos here as well on a separate page - Joel's Quit Smoking Videos. They cover virtually everything you will run into when you quit and will open your eyes to the lies we tell ourselves about smoking. Vaping is no different IMO. It's still putting nicotine into your body and bloodstream then to your brain. Keeps the addiction alive and well. You gotta stop introducing nicotine into yourself to find freedom! It can be done. We are the support system, you manage your quit with a commitment to stop and knowledge about the addiction.

By the way, if you own the furniture store Ikea, I have some issues with shelving I am trying to put together :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5

Great job Ikea on reaching 10 days :) Keep in mind that these quit symptoms are a temporary result of your early quit and will right themselves with time. You're like every one of us here .... a nicotine addict and when you first start depriving your body of nicotine and your mind of the habitual aspects of smoking, they both rebel in the form of some pretty uncomfortable symptoms for a while. These will pass with time.

Are you drinking lots of water? Make sure you are not getting dehydrated which could be the cause of your headaches? If you can't get those under control with plenty of fluids and over the counter headache pills then see a Dr. for that one. Part of the eating issue is probably because smoking is used by many of us to suppress our appetite. Now, that's changed so to fill the void you want to eat. Try and make healthy snacks available to munch on throughout your day. And don't worry about a little weight gain. You can address that later when your quit is secure. It's also normal to feel down in the early days. Quitting is a huge change to your normal routine. It's like you have lost a big part of who you used to be when in reality, you are gaining back your health, wealth and your freedom! That's a good thing! Try and focus your thoughts on the positives you are seeing by quitting. and be sure to reward yourself for small accomplishments along the way. Treat yourself kindly during these early days because, quitting is tough at first but it does graduall get better and better. Keep moving forward Ikea - doing just fine :) 

• Like 3

Fantastic job on the 10 days lkea you are doing fine at this point.  As reci says above keep up on the fluids.  As to eating do not worry about it so much at this point.  I gained some weight but I am close to my weight prior to quitting at this time, also my doctor wanted me to focus more on the quit than on the food and it all worked out.  Feeling down during the first couple of weeks was my normal also -- start focusing on the benefits you should be starting to fell at this time and that may lift your spirits.   Keep strong and focus on the positives!!!!

• Like 2

Ikea,

You need to educate yourself about nicotine addiction.

Read everything here so , you know what is going on.

None of your symptoms should come as a surprise.

All of your discomfort will be short lived.

Hold on to NOPE.

• Like 1