Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ask Soberjulie anything!

Featured Replies

Do you have a Canadian accent?  (as in what do you like aboot this?)

Canadians don't have an accent. The rest of the world does. Well...except the Newfies....they talk funny. And the Quebec folks....thats just a given, they are french, eh! And the 'aboot' thing is the biggest misconception about us.....besides igloos. 

 

do you have brothers and/or sisters?  If yes...are you close?

I have one younger brother. 

I also have 2 uncles (one who is 2 years older and one who is 3 weeks older) who were raised with me, so really more like my brothers. (My moms parents, my grandparents died tragically when my uncles were just toddlers. My mom was the oldest and married, so they came to live with us)

No sisters. 

Even though I went to bed and prayed my head off every night that God would replace some of my stinky brothers with a girl. 

I played G.I.Joe, cops and robbers, tag-team wrestling, Dukes of Hazard...and do you think they would play one flipping game of house or barbies?? Maybe have a nice tea-party?

They threw darts at my barbies.

They made cat-poop pies in my easy bake oven. 

They operated on my Betsy-wetsy doll and she required a indwelling catheter and drainage bag when they were done. 

They put frogs, snakes, ants, crickets, snails and earwigs in my doll house.

 

I love them all to bits and pieces and wouldnt trade them for anything.

Well...except maybe a sister.  :rolleyes:

Do you like Gordon Lightfoot?  Have you ever seen him in concert?  Have you ever performed one of his songs whilst on stage?

Love Gordon Lightfoot.  :)

Early morning rain is a favorite campfire song  :)

 

Do you prefer talk or text?

Talk.

But not because its more 'comfortable'. 

I squirm when someone looks directly in my eyes......and I have trouble looking directly in someone elses......

I prefer it because its uncomfortable. Sounds weird, I know.....but Ive spent my entire life hiding from people in one way or another. Face to face conversation makes it more difficult for me to hide. My body language is a dead give away. 

And so is other peoples. 

Love Gordon Lightfoot.  :)

Early morning rain is a favorite campfire song  :)

 

WOOT WOOT!!!!  I've seen Gordon Lightfoot at least a dozen times in concert and met him in North Carolina.  I also got to watch him tune his guitar and warm up by himself before a concert in Cleveland, Ohio.  "The Watchman's Gone" has always been my favorite song of his.  Of all the concerts of his that I've been too, he never played it except for one time.  I cried.  Right there during the concert.  Not just tears, but actually cried.  It's a very special song to me and to finally hear it live and wasn't expecting it, was a bit overwhelming for me.  I guess it's one of the reasons why that song is pinned to the top of the forum.  :)

 

What do you drive (car, suv, truck, minivan etc.)?

WOOT WOOT!!!!  I've seen Gordon Lightfoot at least a dozen times in concert and met him in North Carolina.  I also got to watch him tune his guitar and warm up by himself before a concert in Cleveland, Ohio.  "The Watchman's Gone" has always been my favorite song of his.  Of all the concerts of his that I've been too, he never played it except for one time.  I cried.  Right there during the concert.  Not just tears, but actually cried.  It's a very special song to me and to finally hear it live and wasn't expecting it, was a bit overwhelming for me.  I guess it's one of the reasons why that song is pinned to the top of the forum.  :)

 

What do you drive (car, suv, truck, minivan etc.)?

Ive never seen him live, but I'd love to!! 

My favorite concert (I think) was Eric Clapton, and Burton Cummings opened. That was a good one! 

 

'My' vehicle is a 2003 Dodge Durango. I bought it brand new, and have developed a bond with her. She has a drinking problem....but so do I. Thats no reason to get rid of her, in spite of what hubby says! 

But since I work out of town, I mostly drive my little yellow VW punch-buggy-no-punchbacks. First car I learned to drive stick shift....so I love her too....even though she's straight as an arrow. No drinking problem with her. :lol:

Talk.

But not because its more 'comfortable'. 

I squirm when someone looks directly in my eyes......and I have trouble looking directly in someone elses......

I prefer it because its uncomfortable. Sounds weird, I know.....but Ive spent my entire life hiding from people in one way or another. Face to face conversation makes it more difficult for me to hide. My body language is a dead give away. 

And so is other peoples.

 

Everybody has their things. I have a huge phobia of listening to voice mail on my personal cell. I delete them quick as possible without listening.

Do you have any tattoos?  If so, what are they?  

Describe your perfect weekend...

Ahhh, sunshiny hot weather....sitting in my muskoka chair on the end of my dock. Good book, my fishing pole, good snacks, lots of cold lemonade, a dip in the lake when I get too hot.

And nobody bugging me.

Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they?

Yes, just one.

Along the side of my right foot are the words "happy joyous and free"

How often do you surprise your husband?

Not often enough Paul.

But thank you for the reminder.

I could do better in that department.

Just this morning I got up to an empty dishwasher, washed kitchen floor and fresh coffee...thanks to Jay.

I'm gonna work on that.

Wow...you are a total bad ass

Was. Was a total bad ass ;)

And even back then you coulda brought me home to any momma.....I was an amazing chameleon. ;)

My travel list is not extensive. Maybe when we retire. :)

I've been to many places in Canada and the United States. Been to Dominican Republic, Mexico and St. Lucia.

I'd like to go:

England, Ireland, Scotland, India, many places in Australia and Africa.

The list is as long as my arm. I would love to travel!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.