Hit and Run

Boo

• 2 weeks later...

Could not agree more. What baseball does is generational. It binds people and family. I have just started putting together a box of St louis Cardinal stuff I have collected and am going to send it to my stepson Jason in Oregon. I moved back to St louis(my home) with his Mother in late 1981. Neither of them knew much about baseball before that but that changed. 1982 did that. Jason is to this day a huge fan and I love talking baseball with him. It is Our Game.  Play Ball!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

Could not agree more. What baseball does is generational. It binds people and family.

The game has changed.  The game has also largely stayed the same.  May the traditions that make baseball great live on.

22 hours ago, garry mhudson said:

I have just started putting together a box of St louis Cardinal stuff I have collected and am going to send it to my stepson Jason in Oregon.

Most of my collection is Braves memorabilia.  I do have an autographed Bruce Sutter card from the 1982 season when he helped lead the Cardinals to a World Series crown.  I got the autograph a few years later when Sutter was playing for Atlanta.

• Like 1

I can't believe that umpire ejected Shane Carle for hitting Hoskins with a pitch.  I'm not defending Carle because he plays for Atlanta, but at this point I don't have any confidence that anyone out of the Braves bullpen can hit anything intentionally.

Hey Crash, do you have a message for the Braves pitching staff?

• Haha 1

I've been criticizing the Braves front office a lot lately, justifiably so.

However, the move to extend Ronald Acuna's contract was a great deal.  They put together a plan that satisfied Acuna and ensured that the Braves have one of the brightest young stars of the game throughout the prime years of his career.  And comparable to other deals that have been made lately, the extension looks like a bargain.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/braves-sign-ronald-acuna-year-extension-with-two-club-options/VLXz3w6DlkAG8CbKRPSnmK/

• Like 1

That was a great move by the Braves extending Acuna.  He is going to be a huge star for them.

As far as my Cubs go, I don't know what happened to their pitching.  Yikes.  It is early though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnny5 said:

As far as my Cubs go, I don't know what happened to their pitching.  Yikes.  It is early though.

The Cubs put together a weird one for April Fool's Day.  It is unrealistic to think that the Cubs will commit six errors again tonight, but it certainly helped the cause in Atlanta.

Best wishes going out to Bobby Cox tonight.  Get well soon Skipper.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So...I'm doing a little math work here.  If Austin Riley continues at the pace he's on right now since being called up, in his first full season with Los Bravos he will hit 74 homeruns and have over 170 RBIs.

Welcome to the A-T-L young fella.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1

Cubs sign former MLB All-Star Carlos Gonzalez (AKA CarGo) to a minor league deal.

I mainly follow the Cubs and, to a lesser degree, the Braves so I don't know a ton about what has caused CarGo's decline over the past few years but if he winds up being a better 25th man than current options Mark Zagunis and Jim Adduci (who are terrible), then signing him was a good move.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Cubs sign former MLB All-Star Carlos Gonzalez (AKA CarGo) to a minor league deal.

I mainly follow the Cubs and, to a lesser degree, the Braves so I don't know a ton about what has caused CarGo's decline over the past few years but if he winds up being a better 25th man than current options Mark Zagunis and Jim Adduci (who are terrible), then signing him was a good move.

no risk really with Cargo, he was great. Bat speed did slow a little but this will buy cubs couple months till trade deadline if he dont work out. Mets just did same with Matt Kemp... Shopping at Dollar General

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whispers said:

The Polar Bear (Alonso) has competition

image.thumb.png.093c11b204db4ed611c5de1f5fa859c5.png

Jokes aside...I realize that it is highly unlikely that Riley will continue to hit a homerun once in every eight at bats for the duration of a season.  Probably not going to continue to average 1.3 RBIs per game either.  How long does the hot start continue?  Who knows.

Now...with those boring realistic expectations put aside...I'm ready to go ahead and declare Austin Riley a first-ballot Hall of Famer right now!  Just like I did with Ronald Acuna Jr. last season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Boo said:

Jokes aside...I realize that it is highly unlikely that Riley will continue to hit a homerun once in every eight at bats for the duration of a season.  Probably not going to continue to average 1.3 RBIs per game either.  How long does the hot start continue?  Who knows.

Now...with those boring realistic expectations put aside...I'm ready to go ahead and declare Austin Riley a first-ballot Hall of Famer right now!  Just like I did with Ronald Acuna Jr. last season.

The baby braves look good, Build the core with kids is the way to go and looking good. I just hope Paddack dont get the ROY,  He had a mouth that didnt sit right with me. I was happy yankees ripped him last week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whispers said:

I just hope Paddack dont get the ROY,  He had a mouth that didnt sit right with me. I was happy yankees ripped him last week

I don't think Chris Paddack will win Rookie of the Year.  There's talk of the Padres starting to limit his pitch count more as he is coming off Tommy John surgery.  Depending on how Fernando Tatis Jr. comes back from his rehab stint, Paddack may not even be the leading ROY candidate in San Diego.  Also (and I'm not just saying this as a Braves fan) if the N.L. ROY is going to go to a starting pitcher, at this point Mike Soroka is having a better season than Paddack.

As for Paddack's attitude, he seems like he may turn into Madison Bumgarner 2.0.  A good pitcher, but so damn tiresome with the constantly being offended by something and playing the "red-ass" role.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Normally i wouldn't root in favor of a team in the NL east to land a quality SP like this but i know its what the Yankees need and i dont wanna hear them with 28 nonsense. Get him, please

The Braves have been on the clock to sign Keuchel and/or Kimbrel for months now.  The first round of the draft is behind us now.  Alex Anthopoulos will not be asked again to give up the second pick as a part of the compensation deal.  It's time for Los Bravos to shit or get off the pot.

I enjoy trade rumors to a certain extent, but patience is not my greatest virtue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boo said:

The Braves have been on the clock to sign Keuchel and/or Kimbrel for months now.  The first round of the draft is behind us now.  Alex Anthopoulos will not be asked again to give up the second pick as a part of the compensation deal.  It's time for Los Bravos to shit or get off the pot.

I enjoy trade rumors to a certain extent, but patience is not my greatest virtue.

Now both players have no draft pick tied to them so something should happen real soon. Keuchel has to shave to be a Yankee

• Like 1

Freddie Freeman hit a double last night, the 300th of his career.  That makes him only the sixth player in Braves history to hit 300 doubles and 200 homeruns in his career.

He joined: Hank Aaron, Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, Andruw Jones, and Eddie Mathews.  That's a damn fine club to be a part of.

Atta boy Freddie!

Edited by Boo
  • Like 2