Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike.

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mike.

  1. Polka dots?
  2. Mike. replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12 beacon says men can cheat!
  3. Mike. replied to jess's topic in Socializing
    Go Habs!
  4. Slothfulness. Is there an "anonymous club" for that? I think I need help. *I'll try to post more on the Social Forums!
  5. Yes, Evelyn. It's a lovely day to not smoke! I will not smoke today.
  6. And ... I will be keeping and eye out for you! 35 years of management. I won't be messing with you, once you catch on to our tricks. :) Thank you, for befriending me. I don't have many. :(
  7. Hey Raya. Are you using a mobile device? Phone or tablet. Or, even with a laptop or desktop, you might find the "mobile" viewing easier. To check which you like, try going to the main page, go down to the bottom of it and look for "Change Theme", and try the "Mobile view". If, you are on that, you can go to the bottom of the page again, and look for "Full Theme", to go to that. That's both the themes, I've shown you. In either event, try playing with that to see, if another theme is easier for you.
  8. Joni Mitchell is from Saskatoon. Went to school, 3 blocks from here, and used to play in our clubs. She is an accomplished artist. Often has her art exhibited in our biggest art-museum. hope she has stopped smoking. I think she chain-smoked most of her life. Is this the latest news? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32181499
  9. Hey DD. That reminded me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukl_QuFM664
  10. Oh I see. My browser is not letting me look again, I'm guessing. Let me put it on "adult-mode", to see if it helps. Edit. Nope. "let it be". hey, I haven't been to the music posts in a few day.
  11. Hi Doreen. Just saw your post. The nurses, tend to hide. Just as well methinks. I'm in for the full-meal deal. Long-term, with the physiotherapists and gym trainers (or whatever they like to call themselves). Thanks, for the note. :) Addendum: I forgot to swear. Nope, didn't like that one. hmm ... "numb-nuts", they're everywhere!
  12. Is that only for eggs?
  13. Mike. replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12 (I don't post much)
  14. I will not smoke today. I keep forgetting to this, so it seems.
  15. I'm day-dreaming. Time to start whipping this old stud, methinks. More on that later, after I have rebuilt the engine and have done some fine-tuning.
  16. I like to do both!
  17. Do I have to "stand to" for a count here and in the NOPE thread?
  18. Now, you're beginning to sound like my dad, (the sagest person I know). When he is wrestling with a decision, he will make a list of the positives and negatives of the situation. It helps give him more perspective.
  19. Trace. Thanks, for the sentiments and thoughts. But, you can have REZ. I don't want one! :)
  20. Cool. Thanks. Can I go back to "duh", now? :)
  21. Hockey is boring me, the Habs are not on TV so, I read your post, Marcus. I have a thread hanging around, that in the end of it, my conclusion is that one must find the impetus and resolve within themselves to quit and stay that way. So, I believe like you, that quitting is done personally and intrinsically. After my attempts to understand nicotine nicotine addiction and nicotine cessation, I do think it "helps". Just like I think, conversing in a forum of fellow ex-smokers, "helps". Quitting nicotine can be difficult with some of us, and I see no need to not avail oneself of the "help", that is available. NOW. I know that I can over-think this thing too. I like the response from Stu, to that thread, that went something like, sometimes all that was left was Brute force and Ignorance. I took that to mean, just don't smoke, and the rest of everything else about quitting smoking will look after itself. I don't have to try to dumb-down, that's been given to me. lol!!! I think though, for some of us, me for sure, need to borrow another slogan from somewhere else and try to practice it with nicotine cessation. That would be, "Easy Does It". That's kinda my mantra now. Thanks.
  22. Hey Colleen. I read in another thread titled like "No Man's Land" I think now, that the OP and our posters here have said, to share our challenges here. That's one of mine. My wife smokes. Every time I go to the kitchen, there are her smokes. I know that I have, (well that last time I went sinking into the abyss of smoking, I was going out the back door, to face some challenges, and it was all too easy to grab one of hers and walk out. I know it's no excuse but, I do wish I didn't have to be reminded all the time about them. No, she refuses to keep them out of eye-sight. It does worry me some. I know sure as hell I am not the only one who needs to, or has faced this in their quits, (I'm thinking of the Sgt. here), but I would really like to not have the temptation like you, none the less. So, just my bitch, of how my quit is going. Thanks.
  23. I am not being snide here. I wish I knew what had happened. I guess for me, it's another ... duh Maybe in the nature of this. carry on ...
  24. I hope T. reads this. hint to friends ...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.