Everything posted by leahcaR
-
Ok.....So, Here I Go!.............:)
Welcome and congrats on a great decision :)
- A Poll--Milestones
-
College Breaks are driving me NUTS COLD TURKEY
If you are not comfortable at this point in your quit hanging around smokers while they are smoking I understand since your quit is new. But what a great time to find something awesome to do instead during break times? its becoming so nice outside. Spring is here!! yip yip. Go study under a tree... read a book... call a good friend up or someone you havent talked to in quite a while during your breaks... do some crosswords on a bench soaking up the sunshine. The possibilities are endless. they arent really endless for the people smoking... they have to go get their fix. You don't, how amazing is that??
-
easy peasy?
160 days. 5 months...1 week...2 days. Did I ever smoked...? Was all of that just a dream...? When I stop and think about when I smoked it feels like some distant memory... as if maybe it happened or maybe it was a dream... I dont know. That's what it feels like now. The other day I was watching someone smoke very closely. I was intrigued. Not because I wanted one but because I was seriously interested in what was happening before me. I started thinking to myself and imagining smoking... do I remember how to flick the ash off the end of a cigarette? I don't think Id even be able to do it without looking like an awkward teenager experimenting with cigarettes for the first time. And are they really breathing that stuff in? Do I remember how to hold a cigarette correctly? I just stared at this person in front of me--it was all so strange to me...I honestly couldn't fit in my head that that used to be me. None of any of that made sense to me anymore. A couple weeks ago someone said to me that they couldn't believe I had quit smoking and stuck with it this long. They asked how long it had been and when I said 5 months their jaw litterally dropped open. They knew I had quit and when but never really added it up. They said it was astonishing since I was always hellbent on saying I was never going to quit smoking. They asked if I think about it all the time. I was honest.... I do think about it sometimes. Never about starting again... smoking thoughts randomly pop up and then randomly disappear. They said they couldn't believe I could get this far into something that is so hard. At that point all I could say was "hard?" ...call me crazy but out of all the things ive done so far in life or things Ive had to go through.... in the grand scheme of the beggining all the way up to now I don't think this even ranks on my list of "hard" things. Maybe on a list of initially uncomfortable things I've had to do.... but hard? I think we confuse the meaning of hard with uncomfortable. This was the most liberating, amazing thing I've ever done for myself. It was also easy. Uncomfortable but easy. the only thing that I would define as "hard" in this situation would be continuing to smoke indefinitely. Now that would be hard and sounds downright exhausting.
-
Redefining my comfort zone
:)
- chicks or sticks
-
A Poll--Milestones
Bacon egg sausages!!!!!
-
The Garden Patch
Mmmmmm asparagus
- A Poll--Milestones
-
my opinion on..............
Example ladybug only has 4 profiles stars I have five. Currently. People can make it go up and down however the serve no purpose.
-
my opinion on..............
Ah I meant with the profile stars. You can lower someone's average.
-
my opinion on..............
Everyone should be able to "like" a post that is helpful or they like. No one should see likening as a bad thing. The bad comes when someone is able to downgrade someone I.e. Stars
-
my opinion on..............
I like the "like" feature. I just do not like the stars on people's profiles. There's not really a point to them when they can be lowered by someone who just doesn't like someone even though they contribute great to the support here...therefore it is no indication of how many stars someone's content is worth. I know someone posted that they asked an admin on another site about them. But that admin admitted they didn't really know and guessed at what it was. But it does not take a rocket scientist to see that it is an average of how many stars people put on someone's profile. Serves no purpose. Dislike it. But I do like ability to like a post.
-
A Poll--Milestones
I agree rob. I don't know, I lied the three tiers. Like right now I'm getting close to six months. I knew in the beginning it would be long and hard to get there but I knew how rewarding it would be to stick it out and get that young pharte title or whatever. Ultimately I also see the need for the hierarchy I just think four is a lot. Three keeps it to the point where it's realized that it's tough but rewarding. Also agree passenger/caboose is something I would have not appreciated being called. Would have turned me off when I first got here.
- Hello
- chicks or sticks
-
Rather post an SOS
Every great thing you must fight for. And the greatest things are the toughest fights, like freedom. And it gets hard and might seem impossible at times but that's the times you tell the thing you are fighting with to f-off. Never give in to something that tries to control you or make you do something you do not want. I'm stubborn as hell and if I had to I'd spend all day curled in a ball under a blanket but I would never let a cigarette think I needed it so much that I'd give up and smoke again. I'm stronger than that. YOU are stronger than that.
-
Back on patch now
punch the ocean? I am stealing this... thanks
- Non Smoking Cats
-
Star Ratings??
You got some anyway. So suck it up buttercup.
-
Petra has 9 fabulous months today!!!!!
Yay Petra you rock! :)!
-
Never-ending Sentence
Towards the never-ending
-
game: **The Coke Machine**
You get a football I insert my cat
-
Change of Season Reminder
more like "YAY spring is here I can finally go on nice long runs outside without freezing my arse off!" whats a cig? :)
-
Hola amigos
Thanks guys :)