Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Opah

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Opah

  1. Here it is lunch time, equipment is quitting down, one of my house Ke4epers decided to buy the crew El polo loco for lunch, Nice lady , we all pitched in to pay her back for her kindness. I really love a fellow ship of people, young, old, man, woman, of all color and creed. Now I am not saying this to appear all sloppy Lovey, there are people in this world I despise and would gladly endure they make their appointment with Saint Peter. But for the most part good people attract good people Motor heads hang with Gear heads and gear heads hang with tech mechs, bottom line we all turn wrench and love it. Now the Equipment comes to life and product it racing around the plant and off we go. I guess that is why we all do so well together here on quit train, we went from Butt heads to Non=smokers, we can go into public without some little snot pinching their nose telling Mommy they stink don't they Mommy and Mommy replies Yes they do baby. Now being a none smoker is all that I share with people like the above. Duty calls
  2. Here I am another Saturday at work, started a 6am this morning and will get off at 415pm. no work tomorrow Easter. I think The wife and I will take a drive to the Beach and ride our bikes down the coast, Have breakfast and then rode from Santa Monica down to Venice, walk and shop have lunch and end up Back at Santa Monica some where around dinner time have some surf and turf. Got to be careful and stay on the Bike paths, Can't ride bikes on the streets its illegal could get the Bikes confiscated and end up in Jail. WHAT, why w is it illegal , its illegal where you live also. No want to Bet ? As far as I know, It has always been illegal to peddle your Butt on the street.
  3. No they Love Chickens, thats why they Hide the Eggs, They don't want anyone knowing what they are doing !
  4. Is it just me getting older. or it is all over ? Holidays ? I just found out Sunday is Easter, and that was only because it shuts down the DC and I have to take care of getting my guys paid. But I have noticed Christmas, Thanks giving, New years Halloween Just don't mean crap to me. seems I have been sprogged, Maybe Holidays are just for those how have kids, younger kids, I mean isn't their excitement what gets us going, ramps every thing up. Kids are like superchargers of life. without them its like driving a Desoto 4 banger, no style, no adrenaline rush just getting from A to b. AHH I hear you what about my Grand kids, ya they are either at the teen age or New bourns, so that age of the superchargers isn't represented. I guess this is when if you let it life starts to slow down, get quite and stale. The fact is our bodies do reflect our age, we break don't bend any more, moderate exertion brings aches and pains our Medicine cabinets actually have medications in them. Damn do you hear that ? the whine? this is where my Grandfather would put his 2 cents in with some thing like You know Boy If you are Board, or feeling down it is because you want to be, otherwise you would get off of your butt and go do something. Or my Dads Dog poop therapy you board go pick up the dog poop. believe me when you have 4 full grown Germen Sheppard's there is a lot of poop to pick up ! I just now figured it out, it's he Magic that is gone the wonder in their eyes, the I know the Easter bunny is real because he pooped on the porch when he left the baskets., It's their belief in the magic when you don't believe any more the magic can not happen Could I Missing out simply because I am to old to believe ant more ? Is this me flat on my back with no magic left in my heart?
  5. Opah replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    Special kitties that never smoked
  6. I am going to practice and practice until I can do this
  7. Hot Caffeinated coffee in hand, all the start up issues taken care of, my crew has settled down and the ax has been put away. Had a big startle Last night and thank God for giving me back some patience, I almost went off like a roman candle. Got to bed and started putting my meds together for the week and right there next to my meds is a cigarette !!! YIKES my heart jumped thru my chest was just getting ready to chew on the wife when on closer look it turned out to be a pen (white pen brown cap) Man it took a couple minutes for my heart to return to a normal rhythm and I can not describe how Happy I was that I did not jump all over the wife, I would have really been in the outs with her. scary how fast that fuse lit and the anger that filled me instantly, yes anger, I was red hot mad how could someone I love try to take away my quit !
  8. IM Baaaack !
  9. Good Night ! Back in 4 days Bye
  10. Opah replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    One of my all time Favorites:
  11. well it is back to the old grind stone, But it is Friday ! It is not crazy like yesterday and most of the bosses have left doe the day.. So for me it is just getting better and better Busy month I have in April the 6th thru the 8th Ill be doing my game warden gig and the 13th thru the 22 I'll be out wild boar hunting, wondering the hills and meadows of Parkfield ca. 10 days of Manly bliss and comradery, fresh air and waking to the gobbles of Jake turkeys flying down from there roost. I hope thr rest of you are having as good a morning as I, God knows we all can use better times, softer days and more than enough Love to go around. I have noticed since I decided to provide assistance where I can when ever I see the need And Karma or kismet or what ever you believe will return your kindness, so far I have seen a reduction a Aholes on the streets and in the markets, I also have learned to smile with my eyes with the mask thing still going on and the uncertainty of when or if it will stop I was not being effective with my smiling face and nod in passing. These small jestures, Thank yous and your welcomes do much for the atmosphere a smile 10 X 10 space can turn from dark and gray to light and smilely. so here is my bestest good morning smile for you all, please pass it on !
  12. Yo E O E ooooooo, Yo e o eoooooooooooooo been work and working and working this morning, seems Michael curse us with his negativity..
  13. Opah replied to Tink's topic in Socializing
    It has started raining Cats The dogs are predicted later this evening !
  14. Good morning got the gegative fall out brushed off of my shoulders and doing good again.
  15. Man my morning started out good again, good breakfast Hot coffee then I got to work. Michael our 1st shift SMO is not Happy, and its on and on and on with all that upsets him. Equipment made him work, his guys didn't know what to do, basically he had to come in to work his Sunday again. I cant blame him they have been working 6 fay weeks for months and moths which is BS, tensions are high and stress is even higher, Now I have a head ache and for the first time in a coupe of weeks I started to want a smoke. I want to be there for him to defuse Vent a little but I need to remember that is what I am doing and not get caught up in the negativity. so I need to get back to my happy place, lets try this morning again First a Hot cup of coffee OK coffee brewing and the air smells great, deep breaths, Question? Coffee gets me going canine, and all but the aroma is so soothing damn near tranquil anyone else have the same response from the aroma of brewing coffee ? Do you have a coping strategy for when you must be around someone negative ? Man I could use a Cinnabun right now to go with this coffee, OK now for my quit time and jurney back to my happy place.
  16. Well my smoke free posting people of all creed and color, my Saturday will end in a couple of hours,. It was a good day positive start to finish, I really enjoy days like this and they seem to be happening more often the longer my quit goes on. I am sure the is some brain cell awakening that can be cited that enables a more positive thought process as the nicotine sensors shut down and are reclaimed by the brain, I am sure the fact that all the Hairs in my lungs that collect oxygen shedding their tar and chemical coats and are back to collecting oxygen to saturate the brain cells with the extra oxygen going to the brain and mussels, the extra positive neurons in my brain and the clarity of thought may have something to do with the better mornings. probably just another conspiracy theory, I just a happy go lucky Guy that loves life right now and that translates into more great positive days. But out of all of this Ill bet we all can agree on one thing, Things go better with coke ! No No LOL when you love the life your in, life has a tendency to love you back. Good night You do know that smile was a fart ! The Kids got Gas
  17. What makes you smile every time you hear or see it ? Me a babies laugh, true and genuine from the belly And second this commercial: Every time, it gets me
  18. Yes Jill we must maintain our social distancing, LOL
  19. Want to come play in the playground in my mind with me, I have a nickel !
  20. Love that song Warms my heart and sends chills down my spine. Yes today for me Ir is a wonderful world, hope it is for you Too!
  21. Well I am feeling pretty small right now, I had the nerve to whine about what I thought was problems. Strap on those legs Travis and run with it ! The best of all that is good to you and yours !
  22. Thank you Guys and Yes I say NO to Smoking and anal probing !
  23. Well the optamolagest says all can be fixed and can be maintained if I continue to not smoke and watch BS, BP cholesterol salt, I was able to avoid the annual probing. So another good reason to continue to not smoke !
  24. inspired and independent together

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.