Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. 1. Whittle a piece of wood
  2. 4. Tv
  3. **** cancer! First it takes my uncle from Throat cancer, then my dad from esophogeal cancer and now it's taking my beloved California mom. And she quit smoking twenty years ago! 😭
  4. 8. Make window curtains
  5. 6. Use as a table cloth
  6. 4. Use for a Christmas tree skirt
  7. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Lack of money
  8. Congratulations @Sunshine, hope to see you check in and tell us how you're doing
  9. How scary @notsmokinjo, so glad everyone is safe!
  10. 2. Make a toga
  11. One foot in front of the other @Kdad, you got this!😊
  12. 10. Wrap tool handles with it to make them more comfortable A sheet
  13. 8. Use it to secure a tarp over something
  14. Mac-3 Me-4: tie someone to a chair
  15. 2. Use on a parachute
  16. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Parking lot full
  17. We had our Strawberry Festival last month. I over indulged 😋
  18. Congratulations @Katgirl, you old pharte! Welcome to the lido deck 😊 I hope you celebrate today because you deserve it!
  19. Congratulations @JudiMD on three months quit already! You're doing GREAT! 😊
  20. Congratulations @DenaliBlues, three months is AWESOME! Don't forget to spoil yourself a little extra today 😊
  21. jillar posted a blog entry in Pick of the Week
    Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:14 AM by hermine (qsmb) Quitting smoking leaves us with a terrible emptiness that, for a while, we don't know exactly how to handle. And we may even ask ourselves if we will ever be able to fill these voids with anything. What helped me to get over this was eventually understanding that the source of the problem wasn't the absence of cigarettes, but the mere existence of those terrible feelings I was dealing with. They were there all along, but I was trying to cover them all up with smoke... The moment I stopped smoking, I started to realize and acknowledge all those things that were wrong in my life and I've been trying to get rid of by hiding behind a curtain of cigarette smoke. But they didn't disappear, they have been watching me silently and now, as the smoke cleared, we are starting to make eye contact again. Should I light a cigarette so I become blind again? Or should I finally tackle the beasts? The answer is clear. I will attack. So ask yourself, as you are ripped by this feeling of emptiness: is it ok that a small piece of paper filled with tobacco has become such an important part of my life? Is it ok that I have become emotionally attached to a small piece of paper filled with tobacco?! Don't hide behind the curtain of smoke again. Don't choose to run again. Make the most of the fact that you are finally capable to see your life as it really is and you finally have the chance to fill those voids. Fill your short and precious life with people, places, hobbies and knowledge. Put things that actually matter inside those voids, because blowing smoke inside them will never, ever, make them disappear. Link to original post: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/10482-filling-the-voids-repost-by-hermine/
  22. Congratulations @Steven Drojensky, one more month until your on the lido deck! Well done 😊

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.