Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. Boo Quit Date: March 9, 2016 Posted August 26, 2017 · "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." I'm not one to nitpick over semantics, but I've heard that old cliche twice today. How many phrases do we mindlessly repeat without ever really thinking about them. Maybe I'm overthinking the phrase. Or perhaps when you begin making a conscious effort to make positive changes, you're a bit more sensitive to the kind of self-defeating limitations we place on ourselves. Self-fulfilling prophecies can be your greatest strength or a damning weakness. Smoking was an ingrained part of our lives to an extent that it became a part of our identity. We committed to a new way and put that behind us. In the wake of quitting smoking, many of us delved into health and fitness. Steady forward momentum now has us doing things we might have believed impossible just a few short years ago. As I tune in to people making changes in their life, I'm genuinely encouraged by how much success people can have with a solid commitment and a bit of grit. Where you came from is not nearly as important as where you're going. An old dog resigned to the fact that he can't learn new tricks will stagnate and wither away. However, an old dog that blocks out that negative noise and bravely ventures forward is capable of great things. Link to original post: https://www.quittrain.com/topic/9006-old-dogs-and-new-tricks/
  2. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  3. Congratulations @G67 on six years quit! I hope you check in and tell us how you're doing 😊
  4. I'm so sorry @DenaliBlues, hopefully they get to the bottom of why this is going on. My mom used to get UTI's and would have several of the same symptoms so maybe you could ask them to check for that? Surprisingly they didn't check for that with my mom unless we specifically asked and sure enough that's what it was. I'm sending healing thoughts to your mom...
  5. @DenaliBlues, I'm so sorry your mom is hospitalized. Sounds like a bad fall 😞 I'll be thinking positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. Its times like these that I used my air cigarette (JAC). I just pretended I was holding an actual cigarette in my fingers and went through the motions of "smoking" it. It worked wonders at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. I also posted like you did asking members for their support. Just typing it out is all I needed a lot of times to start feeling better. Hopefully you're starting to feel a little better and the cravings are diminishing. You've listed great reasons to stay quit and every one of them is spot on. 🤗
  6. 2. Open a feral cat sanctuary
  7. 4. Use to apply glue to something
  8. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  9. Hope you have a speedy recovery @Katgirl ...
  10. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  11. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  12. Damn, those are sharp toothpicks you have! 🤣
  13. 1. Pick your teeth
  14. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  15. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  16. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Better not pout
  17. 6. Paying taxes
  18. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  19. You're doing great @Sal, just hang in there. It won't always be that way 🤗
  20. Congratulations @Sunnyside on five months quit! That's awesome and you're awesome and I hope you spoil yourself a little extra today, you deserve it
  21. 1. Paying the bills🤣
  22. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  23. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Name that tune
  24. jillar replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  25. jillar replied to Boo's topic in Off The Record
    Sounds like an awesome weekend boo!😊

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.