Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cbdave

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cbdave

  1. G’day I’m cbdave and more often that not I get to raise the NOPE pledge of a morning. Being close to the international date line and living on the east coast of Australia means that I get to see the new day a lot earlier than most. If I’m off fishing it can be really early as I hate my phone smelling of fish bait. It wasn’t always that way. I never posted a NOPE on the QSMB board in those first months. I thought it was a tad daggy. Couldn’t see the sense in it, if I smoked it was my fault it wasn’t needed to keep me honest. Had a bit of a rethink about the three month mark as I had two quit killers coming up. First a wedding with old friends who smoked and drinks... normally a recipes for smoking if every there was. On my return a biopsy for cancer. Sobering. So I started to post to keep myself in touch with the board and more importantly as an acknowledgement that Yes I was really an Addict. It really hit home that I needed to fess I that I was only a puff away from going back to that standard 20 cigs a day! So that’s me, now a diferent board ....but still taking the time to acknowledge the addict in me.... if only once a day. So pledge or don’t pledge but never forget what it stands for Not One Puff Ever Chris
  2. Gday NOPE starts today C
  3. Cbdave replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    G’day A relationship break up? Yep you’ve got double trouble cause giving up the smokes is giving away a relationship in a way. There comes a time in any breakup when you’ve got to get a bit of old fashioned HATE going! You owe yourself, none of this civilized sh1t. Time to hate. Youve been wronged. You deserve better. Its time to move ahead, cause you need to grow and these remains of a relationship are just a hinderence ...... Chris
  4. Cbdave replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    G’day I got pneumonia in the Sept 2015, by the end of the month I was on champix and by oct 10 stopped. My choice My decision. My power. Never I thought that I was somehow trapped into making it or feelings of being trapped. Saying you have no choice gives the smokes more power than they deserve! Don’t forget you have just pulled off “a death defining act”. GoodOnYa!
  5. Cbdave replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    G’day Can you live on a promise? I promise it does get better.... So Much Better. Youll get to a point where you’ll have a bad nights sleep and never even think about the smokes. Trust me that is freedom and you’ll get to that place that you deserve to be! Chris
  6. G’day Powerfull but simple...... NOPE
  7. G’day NOPE for today C
  8. G’day well it that time of the day, time to think about smoking.... NOPE  thats it, all done, till tomorrow morning C
  9. G’day Yes, but my wife hates it and wakes up at some ungodly hour and turns it off! C
  10. G’day It’s 4 in the morning I’ve just posted the NOPE pledge early. Cause it’s 24C or 75F worse it’s 88 per cent humidity, even I can’t sleep. i’ll have To grab a “nanny nap” after lunch to compensate! C
  11. G’day well it that time of the day, time to think about smoking.... NOPE  thats it, all done, till tomorrow morning C
  12. G’day Yesterday... can’t be yesterday, it’s gone. Maybe full of promise, but that’s over. A tomorrow, the worlds full of tomorrows as a smoker..... Today...... grab it with both hands and go for it. Strap yourself in and be prepared to enjoy the ride..... C
  13. G’day Here’s NOPE to start your day C
  14. G’day There was a time ( yes I was a 40 year smoker) when they started to put the cigs to be safer. First it was filters. No I didn’t smoke at that time but by the time I did I wouldn’t smoke anything without one “ cause it was safer.” Hell they even brought out filters for roll your owns to make them sound safer. Then it was making cigs with lower nicotine levels by putting pin holes in the butt and proudly making the claim that it was somehow safer to smoke. And the worse thing people, believed by that by smoking the lower nicotine levels One was able to give up. What a crock off sh1t that was. Now that want us to believe that vaping is not only “safe” but allows people to give up the cigs. Its still full of addictive nicotine, you’ll still be addicted customer for life but don’t worry it’s safer.... And this is from the same people who have continually lied in the past. Have they suddenly got it right? I know they couldn’t. Same Crowd Same Lies
  15. G’day Living in the sub tropics you have 2 seasons really. Summer which is hot and extremely humid. You can get in the mood to complain about it but next thing you get a summer storm. Can’t beat a good storm . Yes they can be destructive but usually they dump an inch or two of rain in an hour. It leaves you nice and cool and is the time of the year when you get the best rains. So it’s the wet season really. The other 9 months are cool and dry. Never gets to cold except for a week maybe when I might complain and actually close our back door proper as we usually just have a locked security insect screen door. I don’t have a heater, I don’t have a jumper or thick jacket. Best time to grow tomatoe and basil as the summer is too wet too hot and what doesn’t rot get eaten by the insects! Still a great time to swim too as the water temp usually doesn’t drop below 20C so early mornings it’s usually warmer than the air temp. Hard to pick but.... My vote goes to the 9 month dry season or winter.... Chris
  16. G’day I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.......
  17. G’day Not One Puff Ever.... NOPE Had enough quits now to know in my heart this is so true. It’s the line drawn in the sand. Cross it? . Never again.! C
  18. G’day NOPE starts today C
  19. G’day Jo Every things supplied... his wife would be offended. All I’ve got to take is my togs and a few bevys... C
  20. G’day Ive just got out of hospital again... don’t ask I’m out and home! I got to go to the creek with little miss 4 and a 1/2 and big mister 7 from next door. Wow what a great place. Theres big pools of water full of bulrushes and little fish and cool tadpoles. There’s dragon flies and big grasshoppers and the sound of cicaders. The dried gum leaves and bark not only crunch underfoot but smell real great too. Even though it’s just down at the bottom of the street it’s a million miles away when you get caught in the moment. I hope to get invited again even though I did get in trouble for tracking mud in thier moms kitchen..... C
  21. G’day I’m off to a old mates place. ( So old his 25 year old calls me uncle Dave) He puts on a great spread for Australia Day. I might be tempted to have a few barley based beverages as well. And someone’s sure to offer me a smoke... “go on ... just one” I’m strong in my quit so im not worried in the least! But I get to shine my light. I’ll get “ can’t believe you still don’t smoke”and “of all people to quit can’t believe you dont smoke anymore” I’m a X smoker now. No preach’n no ....self serving stories.... they are smokers and recognise BS pretty fast! So like I said ...shine my light. That’s all I have to do. Happy Stralia day C
  22. G’day NOPE .... not on Australia Day. what doesn’t divide us will unite us. we share the responsibility of a old red land. on a green living planet..... C
  23. G’day nope...Nope....NOpe....NOPe....NOPE C

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.