Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nancy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nancy

  1. I love this one....and please do not let the name of the band throw you off!
  2. I guess I am visualizing something like a Quit Train camp....I do not have medical training with drug addicts...but I still think the idea is valid....and worthy of discussion and not just correction...
  3. I am picturing the type of place that people would go voluntarily...to be with others who really want to quit and to learn about the addiction and coping strategies...not somewhere where people would be locked up and drugged...unrealistic, I guess....
  4. Wonderful idea. Beautiful, thoughtful post, lace.
  5. Welcome to the board, yabmob! As DD says, there is a lot of valuable information here. There are also a lot of people who have been where you are right now who are anxious to cheer you on, and help when you become discouraged. You can do this, and we will be right here whenever you need us!
  6. I have wondered about this for years. It seems for every other addiction, there are places you can go and check in for 2 weeks or even months to get help overcoming addiction. I have heard of Quit Smoking seminars or lectures, but never anywhere smokers could actually go and stay. I would visualize that while you were there, you would learn a lot of the information we find here or at whyquit.com about the addiction and steps for coping with withdrawal and recovery. If cigarettes are as addictive as heroin (although the withdrawal symptoms are light years apart) why isn't there a Betty Ford (just picking one) type clinic for smokers? Any thoughts?
  7. Beth, any news on exactly when the heart surgery will be?
  8. So happy for you, Kristen! One month is a wonderful accomplishment!!
  9. Nancy replied to Jenny's topic in Off The Record
    Did I get it right?
  10. So very happy for you, Beacon! Looks fabulous!!
  11. So sorry to be late! Lace, you are so special, and nine months is wonderful! Cookies with frost'n all around!
  12. DD, so very happy for you...you are a huge and life-giving part of this board...so very glad you are here!
  13. Well done, Sonic! Two months is fabulous!
  14. I will pray for comfort and healing for your Mom. Good for you...but of course you would not smoke. Congratulations to La Bandita! I hope you can enjoy your trip without too much worry! We will be thinking of you, and please post pics!
  15. Nancy replied to Still winning's topic in Socializing
    Oh, he looks like so much fun!
  16. Couldn't resist...
  17. Nancy replied to Jenny's topic in Off The Record
    Bandito?
  18. Nancy replied to Jenny's topic in Off The Record
    Bandito?
  19. I'm just proud to be here...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.