Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    no no no no 2
  2. Crispy that resonates with me. Confidence, it really does make you sit back and go wow, I can do anything I want if I choose. Action, I love how different I am :) Yes I'm at my core the same crazy, confident, warrior type that I always was. But now I take no prisoners and believe in myself. Quite possibly a dangerous combo lol. I didn't know if I could do it. And that's scary honest. No one was more surprised then me on day 1 when I woke, lit my "last" cigarette and went, nah, I don't smoke anymore and put it out before taking a puff. I didn't know it was "the one". A good proportion of me was pissed at the sarge saying, and what, you live with smokers...so?! haha. I take no nonsense (abridged lol). Self worth and value are high. Sandar, I simple can't believe I wasted 25 years doing it! Why?! And why did people tell me all about the "hard parts" and none of the free fall and this bit. The peace. Lace - maybe peace until 7 months, but we all entered a journey. Someone said that, quitting is a journey. And you gave me so much hope for my own mama, you never knew but truly thank you! Amy, read em an weep buddy. Got your number :) It sucks at times but it's worth a trip! My point, i think, is if you aren't sure - hold on anyway. Worse that can happen?? You'll quit a little longer then you thought you could. Best that could happen...freedom! It's pretty cool.
  3. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  4. what episode are you on? Just watching 8.
  5. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  6. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  7. Ok bug, well if you do hear, it would be great to know. x Amberdawn, still smoke free (5 months now) happily pregnant with a boy and engaged no less! Doesn't post often really. Soozie, we lost her :( A few of us have messaged her, I don't know but she doesn't answer. Amy answered herself :) Off to nose at your blog. x
  8. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3 He cannae, last time he tried there was many many swearings haha
  9. I'm so pleased you read :) 2 weeks tomorrow birthday girl!! :)
  10. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4 Blame Joe! He's the chappie who's randomly looking up birds on tinternet ;) Which reminds me ... Joe I know you sent me that whole list thing of how to's on the pic front, yeah, nothing! If I post some pics on facebook can you or someone clever post them on a social thread or something for me? Need the amazing interior design help of you guys (you're all so clever!) on how to shabby chic up my furniture. Such a small lounge I have now that a large oak unit is pretty overbearing.
  11. Thanks Paul. Right back atcha!
  12. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  13. Hi Nay nay, If strenuous is an issue have you considered trying yoga or pilates? They make me work but don't overly elevate my heart rate, that said I can feel the heat in my muscles so works minus sweating and over exersion. Just an idea :) x
  14. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Ah it's good to have fun in life, it's all too serious otherwise :) -2
  15. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  16. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -2
  17. Just that really :) Blogged it, thought oh, might help someone else to see about making a list to quit (thinking of you birthday buddy ;) ) and thought I'd share my inane ramblings...... When I gave up somewhere I got the idea to write a list of why I didn't want to do the smoking thing anymore. I added more and more of course, as we quit new benefits and logics come to you. Anyway, orginal list: -Broke my word to Milly TWICE saying I would quit and didn't -I want to sing along to my songs I like -My cough -Mums health scares me -Want to go out sometimes (money) -Can't afford clothes and shoes which I need. -Florida trip, going nowhere! -£300 a month?!? -Outside smoking -2nd hand smoke for children -We all smell, everything smells! -To prove I can give up Well today I FINALLY sang along to my halestorm CD in the car!! I mean I wasn't in tune or anything but I could hit all the notes without my voice/throat cracking :) It was one of the things that really annoyed me about being a smoker, seems silly when I compare it to what I have now but in my defence I didn't know how endless the benefits would be!! Nothing of note for anyone else but I kinda felt like I had achieved or done all I could with the rest of my list. My Mums health will never improve but she and my partner quit smoking eventually. We are all healthier and becoming more healthy eating aware. First and foremost I put my children first - finally! I will never forgive myself for failing my daughter and breaking my word :( Ironic to read the list now though. So many things weren't on it. Like self worth. Health benefits for me and so it goes on. Smokings pretty nuts!! The distortion in thinking is utterly crazy!! Pleased I'm free.
  18. When I gave up somewhere I got the idea to write a list of why I didn't want to do the smoking thing anymore. I added more and more of course, as we quit new benefits and logics come to you. Anyway, orginal list: -Broke my word to Milly TWICE saying I would quit and didn't -I want to sing along to my songs I like -My cough -Mums health scares me -Want to go out sometimes (money) -Can't afford clothes and shoes which I need. -Florida trip, going nowhere! -£300 a month?!? -Outside smoking -2nd hand smoke for children -We all smell, everything smells! -To prove I can give up Well today I FINALLY sang along to my halestorm CD in the car!! I mean I wasn't in tune or anything but I could hit all the notes without my voice/throat cracking :) It was one of the things that really annoyed me about being a smoker, seems silly when I compare it to what I have now but in my defence I didn't know how endless the benefits would be!! Nothing of note for anyone else but I kinda felt like I had achieved or done all I could with the rest of my list. My Mums health will never improve but she and my partner quit smoking eventually. We are all healthier and becoming more healthy eating aware. First and foremost I put my children first - finally! I will never forgive myself for failing my daughter and breaking my word :( Ironic to read the list now though. So many things weren't on it. Like self worth. Health benefits for me and so it goes on. Smokings pretty nuts!! The distortion in thinking is utterly crazy!! Pleased I'm free.
  19. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  20. I suppose I should be grateful some other poor bitch has taken him over or he'd still be a candidate to write a sad fcuking country and western song like - "my baby done gone and left me". He's not a man he's an empty fcuking husk, soooooo fake and a bloody rude prick ta boot! Can't you go to the dentist yet babe? Rubbish for you. Sunday is a SHIT day for an exam!! Poor you. Virtual hugs! And to Lisa, demand food lady! xx
  21. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Damn, busted :) No in fairness I was on the wrong page so looked at the wrong number! -4 In the words of Jean luc Picard - make it so!
  22. Arrggghhhhh what the fcuk is wrong with you!! Refuse to buy any clothes/uniform or shoes etc claiming I'm paid maintenance...then get to your parents and turn into mr fcuking magnaninous?! You utter fcuking retard, why on gods green fcuking earth would each child need two coats?! I already bought them a coat but noooo, must look good in front of mummy and daddy. Grow the f up you are a shambles of a man with ya fcuking whinging and whining about how unfair it is being seperated from your kids when it's all just for show, you don't ever bother with anything extra. Even tho I was civil for two years you still talked to me like a wanker. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH
  23. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    Good guess! -6
  24. A lot of people think it's pants here too. Much complaining. Totally focused on the Eric plan though :)
  25. Still winning replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -6

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.