Everything posted by BonnieJ
-
Hello this is Quita
Jimmy's wife!!!! Hi Quita! Its a pleasure to meet you!
-
PLEASE HELP ME!
Hi Shaun! Everyone has their own demons to deal with. We all have stress weather it be family issues or just life. The Sarge can be quite blunt but the truth is you will not likely find anyone who quit smoking without any of life stressful situations arising. People here have quit while losing family members and friends,losing pets,losing jobs,Losing their homes, and countless other stresses. We all get it. Its not easy. You are an addict and an addicts brain will ALWAYS find an excuse to smoke if you let it. I am in no way trying to belittle your family situation, because I know all too well how stressful family can be but no matter how bad it gets smoking is NEVER the answer. If you allow one persons less than cheery comment chase you away from all the help that is here for you , you will have a much rougher road ahead than needed. Just ignore him you will not be the first or last person to not like what Sarge says. You want to quit for yourself. So do it! No excuses. We will be here for you if you let us.
-
New home, living with inside smokers
I thought being around smokers would be hard and in the very beginning it was. For me it did not take long until I started to find the smell repulsive and it reminds me why I don't want to smoke.
-
Quitting for good!
I wish had been as smart as you when I was 20! So many years I wasted! You can do this and you have a great community of people here to hold your hand while you do it. Reading everything I could at why quit.com over and over again and the support from the lovely people on this board is what got me through! Stay close to the board call out for help when you need it.
-
I'm starting to understand
Thanks everyone I know I won't smoke its just crazy I actually find myself thinking about it a lot even though I know better. I just really needed to vent and get a few gentle hugs. So thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent and showing me support :)
-
I'm starting to understand
Hi guys its been a while since I've posted. I come and read once in a while but being over 2 years I don't find my self here often. This week however I have been here reading a lot. I am starting to understand why long term quitters relapse. I know smoking won't fix anything right now but I can't stop thinking it will help me relax as I am going through the scariest thing have ever encountered in my life. I have not smoked, but I have been thinking about smoking like I did in my first month quit. Its maddening. Some of you might remember my daughter diagnosed with what we thought was a very large ovarian cyst. Well on Wednesday we sent her into surgery to remove the cyst only to have the surgeon close her up and tell us we need to get a different surgeon because it is not an ovarian cyst. What she has is a very rare condition. She has a HUGE cyst in her bowel and now she needs major surgery for a rare condition. And I am somehow supposed to remain calm and hide all my fears from my 15 year old daughter. I am hoping to continue to remain strong in not smoking but I gotta tell you my confidence is really low. How can I still be telling myself it will help me relax and stay calm? I know, I know better, but I am having a hard time believing it right now. I hope I can stay strong my daughter needs me.
-
Question about allergies
I have never had allergies, but when I first quit I could not stop sneezing. It seems more particles get into your sinuses now that all the smoke gook is no longer coating your nose hairs(ewwwww). For me the sneezing stopped after about a month.
-
Jimmy is 19 months today!
JIMMY!!! Happy 19 months! I am so glad to have you has a quit buddy and friend! Thanks for always being here for everybody!
-
bonnnie 19 months today
Thanks everyone! Thank you (((((Jimmy))))) For always remembering me :wub:
-
Hello Everyone
Hi Mike nice to see you again!
-
Once Upon A Time
Its in my DVR I can't watch it without my daughter! She better hurry up!
-
Something to think about
I got this from one of my friends on Facebook. I wanted to share it here because I am only lucky enough to have a couple of the good people here on my Facebook and I wanted you all to see it too :)
-
Something to think about
http://www.upworthy.com/everything-wrong-with-the-world-in-25-minutes-sorry-if-this-offends-you?g=2&c=ufb1
-
goood news
Yay Jimmy! I told you he should pay for it :) This makes me happy. I was so mad this was happening to you :)
-
symptoms of a quit
I had a ton of zits for a while, and about a weeks worth of earaches and constant sneezing. My husband had a bad sore throat.
-
Autumn
In Phoenix fall means it will start to drop down from 100+ degree temperatures. Bring on the Fall we are too hot!
-
Can We Have A Curse It Thread(With warnings) As sometimes I Just Wanna FFFFFFFFFFFF
OMG Insurance companies SUCK!!!!!! I am stressed out enough I do not need to deal with this now!! I have to start all over FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!
-
Spending the night in the ER with my daughter
Ugh and now I get a phone call telling me that although my insurance covers our doctor it does not cover services in the hospital he works at. So now we have to start all over with a new OBGYN who has privileges in a covered hospital. This is utter garbage why would they cover the doctor and not the hospital he works at. They refered me to him. I do not need this :( :( :(
-
A Cunning Demon
Hi Jeffery, I hate that annoying little voice in your head trying to sabotage your quit! Keep ignoring it and it will start to shut up. It takes some time but the voice will quiet down and visit less often as long as you continue to N.O.P.E. Post away my friend that is what this place is for :)
-
Did Not Even Think Of It yahoo
Excellent Tracey!
-
Spending the night in the ER with my daughter
Thanks everyone for all the support. So She was really wanting the surgery to remove it,but then when we started to discuss the specifics and plan a date she started to change her mind. She is a teenage girl so its no surprise she is changing her mind and is scared. The doctor says we can go ahead and book the surgery. He does not care if she backs out last minute and there would be no fee. So we have reserved a date during her fall break, but we are still not sure if we are going to do it or not. Until then she will keep taking the pills and hope that it starts to shrink. On a happy not she has been invited to the Homecoming dance tomorrow night so all she is thinking about now is going to the dance with a boy. Just another thing to make me crazy LOL! I am really excited for her ;) Thanks again for all the support and PM's it really has been nice. You are a great bunch of people I am glad I found you :)
-
rough day
Hi DF, As everyone has already told you its completely normal. Could be worse you could be like me. I cried ALL THE TIME! Phew sure am glad I am not crying anymore. You will get through it! We are all here for you.
-
New car
I shared a problem on the main board a few days ago, I figured I should share my excitement too. I GOT A NEW CAR!!! I loved my Chrysler town and country mini van! It treated me well but it was 13 years old and needed a minimum of $2000 in repairs.My tags were about to expire so it seemed all signs were pointing to a new car. I was really spoiled with my last vehicle it had some bells and whistles that I got really used to having. I had a budget and was really hoping to find something nice and almost new. I really wanted to find a mid sized SUV and it had to have a power driver seat! I know, I know lol a power driver seat? The salesmen all looked at me like I was weird too. My husband uses my vehicle a lot so I am always adjusting my seat, sucks to be halfway down the street and realize you did not adjust your seat right. I found a 2011 ford explorer with a power seat! It is a certified used vehicle so its like new and it came with warranties and 3 months of Syrius radio. Woo hoo Syrius is some good stuff! I also can finally play my iPod in my car too! It is a really nice blue color. It does not have all the fancy bells and whistles but it does have the ones that matter to me. Most importantly it smells so good! I did not smoke a lot in my van because the kids were usually with me but when I was alone in that van I did smoke in it. I am so excited to be driving in style in a nice smelling vehicle. I wish I could post a pic but I have not uploaded any of the photos in my phone in a while. I must put that on my ever growing to do list :) If you are on the streets in Phoenix GET OUT OF MY WAY!!! Ahhh ha ha I am having some fun on those streets!
-
No Man's Land
I remember when the quit lost its excitement. I could no longer float around being proud of myself for not smoking. It was old news now and I needed to get a life. It was a sad feeling, but like everything else it was part of the process. A yucky place to be, put your foot on the gas pedal and get out of there.
-
FOUR FEET IN HEAVEN - For Smudge RIP 14/09/14
Oh Jackie I know how hard this is. My heart aches for you and your parents :( (((((Jackie)))))