Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boo

  1. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -8
  2. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9 The situation over here is getting out of hand.
  3. Welcome aboard Pumpkin and congratulations on beginning the process of setting yourself free. Any emotional roller coaster type stuff experienced during these initial days is temporary and fleeting. The pride and freedom that comes with quitting is permanent. Buckle up, knuckle down, drive on.
  4. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4
  5. As you put distance between yourself and cigarettes, your view of the process evolves. In my personal experience, education was the vital key to quitting. The preparation for the quit...not so much. I'm not anti-preparation, but with quits being so unique there are many unforeseen variables that simply cannot be sufficiently planned ahead for. After just a few weeks, what cravings I did get were completely random. From the very beginning of my quit, I simply didn't feel any lure to smoke when I saw others smoking or caught a whiff of cigarette smoke. I had mentally prepared myself for the inevitable interactions with smokers only to find out it was a non-issue from day one. Educate yourself. Commit to the process. You will find your way as you go.
  6. YES! QUEEN!
  7. Smoking thoughts, or any thoughts for that matter, have as much power as we give them. I tried the confrontational approach in the past. When the thoughts come, I will fight them. Pointless endeavor. The more I fought, the thoughts gained momentum. Then I recognized the thoughts for the harmless little buggers that they are and it became quite easy to simply flick them away. The good news about the programming and conditioning we put ourselves through as addicts is we can reprogram ourselves just as easily. The moment we ash out that last cigarette and say nope to the next nicotine itch, we begin the process of creating new neural pathways in the brain. Out with the old thought processes, in with the new. You're doing great Pixel. Proceed.
  8. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  9. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5 Happy Monday morning...
  10. Belated Happy Birthday Sonic.
  11. Condolences to you and yours Nancy. Terrible loss for those who had the opportunity to know him and for a child that will never get to meet their grandfather. This addiction takes so much...
  12. Boo replied to Sonic's topic in Off The Record
    The Friday tradition continues...
  13. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -4 Good Good Friday morning.
  14. Spending the weekend in Atlanta. Concert tonight and then have a few things planned for Saturday. The girlfriend is excited about eating at some swanky place Saturday night. I looked at their website and it seems like one of those joints where the food is overpriced and undercooked. I'm trying to figure out how I can sneak in a chili cheeseburger and frosted orange from The Varsity without drawing too much attention. Have a good weekend everybody.
  15. I'm kinda like Navin Johnson...I was born a small Chinese girl.
  16. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  17. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  18. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9 Again.
  19. Good theory. I like it! Modern anesthesia is a wonderful thing. And the pain pills helped during recovery time. I'm not advocating drug use. However...following a surgery, the right narcotics really do the trick.
  20. Boo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -9

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.