Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnny5

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnny5

  1. Quitting for others sounds good but ultimately you have to quit for yourself. I started smoking in college and soon got a girlfriend who hated cigarettes and she would say, "it's so easy, just don't smoke" and would sometimes be quite insulting about "how can you just not figure this shit out. Just don't smoke." and those were the nicer things she said about me smoking. I got to the point to where I not only felt horrible about myself being a smoker but grew to resent her for her advice. The advice is correct but is amazingly difficult for someone who is not a nicotine addict to understand. Also, I hid it from her when I claimed I was trying to quit but now I realize that it is really tough to hide smoking to a nonsmoker, with the odor, etc. Having someone else wanting you to quit is great inspiration but you really have to want it yourself. They simply don't understand. Smoking isn't going to help you quit. That sounds so reasonable to me now but that wasn't a message I wanted to hear when I was trying to quit. You really have to commit to not taking another puff. If you have to go to nicotine replacements, etc., it is worth it. You've been fighting this desire to quit and then return to smoking for a long time now. Please believe it is worth it to commit to not smoking and the start is to commit to not taking another puff, even if you commit to it one minute, hour, day at a time. You can do this, Kdad.
  2. Congratulations Jim. 5 years smoke free is awesome 👍😎. I'm really happy for you.
  3. johnny5 replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Welcome back, @Kdad You can do this. Life without cigarettes is so much better than life being controlled by nicotine. I've seen you here many times before which means you really know you need to quit. Read our posts in the quit smoking section of our site, check out @KEL's link to "Voices of Nicotine Recovery".....I never saw that site before but I'm sure it could help. Also, if you haven't, check out Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" which is available both in print and online. You need to quit, Kdad, and I hope you can get that support here but check out other resources also.
  4. Congratulations Steven! You are doing great! 2 thumbs up.
  5. Congratulations on 1 year smoke free, Ace. Celebrate big today!
  6. I'm sorry to hear that @nicotine_free The best thing to do is start the quit again. Glad you are doing that. Reach out to the board if you are about to smoke. Support does help a lot. Quitting smoking for good is very doable and worth the early struggles.
  7. NOPE - Not One Puff Ever
  8. I do apologize but there was another user named jonny5 here before I joined that I think you are referring to. I joined later. Sorry for any confusion. Doesn't matter, you can do this. I'm glad you are quitting again.
  9. Welcome back @Sunnyside I'm sorry that you relapsed but you are doing the right thing in quitting again. Congratulations on 1 month smoke free. I'm sure it will be the first month of many. Keep the quit and you'll never have to go through these early struggles again.
  10. NOPE. Not a chance.
  11. Congratulations to you and your wife, Sal. Great job 👍
  12. Congratulations on 4 months smoke free, Kel. You are doing great 👍
  13. Congratulations on 4 years smoke free, @catlover Awesome job!
  14. johnny5 replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Welcome back, @Kdad I'm sorry you quit but I'm glad you are back. I can tell you from first-hand experience that the cycle you are in, quit/relapse/quit/relapse really sucks. It is torture. You are miserable when you are smoking and you know you need to quit and that you would be better off if you quit. You quit for a certain amount of time, keep thinking about smoking, and eventually relapse. The thing you need to do is quit and quit for good. In fact, I think I may have said this exact thing the last time you came back from a relapse. Time to quit for good and quit torturing yourself. You may struggle early on but you'll be much better off long-term. Remember and believe the fact that smoking does absolutely nothing positive for you. All the supposed benefits to smoking are lies. There is no downside to quitting but there are tons of downsides to staying a smoker. Stick close to this site. Pledge NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) daily and mean it. Reach out for help BEFORE you smoke. Read up on info about nicotine addiction here. Time to quit, @Kdad You can do this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.