I WANT TO QUIT BUT I JUST CAN’T

Tyme2B

2 hours ago, BAT said:

The quit is different for everyone. The more ready you are to quit I think the more easier it is. It's all mental. Please don't give up the quit.

I won’t give up the Quit Bat.  I just have some obstacles to conquer first....but I promise I will be back...things are gradually falling into place so that I CAN pledge my commitment. I HATE the position I am in but I have been working on making things right for ME without compromising anyone else. I’ve accomplished a lot in a week. It’s MY turn...and I want it so much ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Never give up trying ,until you do get there..and you will..I'm sure of that...

Im waiting on the Lido Deck...for your party...don't let me down...:1_grinning: xx

I LOVE Parties Doreen! Seeya on the Lido deck very soon! ?

On 10/12/2017 at 8:30 AM, Tyme2B said:

I know you are right Cristobal. But I need to be in a state of mind where I can be STRONG. I need to wake up without feelings of impending doom & the realization I CAN do this.

Hi Tyme2B,

You will find your strength for your commitment with education about nicotine addiction. Keep this in mind always, because quitting smoking is really about putting nicotine addiction to sleep. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

All of us smoked because we are nicotine addicts - not for any other reason. The addiction puts lies in your head (I like smoking; I cannot quit; Smoking relaxes me; I cannot handle stress without cigarettes; I can´t quit right now it is not the right time; etc.........the lies are endless). All of these positive things that we feel that smoking did for us, are simply lies that the addiction created in our heads. And the excuses we used to avoid quitting smoking, are simply erroneous rationalzations that are based on these lies.

I repeat, and emphasize: You will find your freedom from this awful, cruel, and deadly addiction - and the strenth for your commitment - through EDUCATION.

With this in mind, I highly recommend the youtube videos of Joel Spitzer, who is a good personal friend of mine and also of some other members of this board.

You may find his videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/joelspitz

Joel has hundreds of videos on his youtube page. Put them on automatic reproduction and just let them play !!!

I also recommend that you visit whyquit.com where Joel is education director - Maryland Quitter has a link and comments about this webpage and about Joel here on QuitTrain

https://quittrainblog.com/whyquit/

You have great support for your quit right here on this forum! We can also help you with the education process, and of course are always here whenever you need us.

Jump ! We will catch you !

Finally, I would like to say that every smoker can quit smoking permanently. Once you stop believing the lies the addiction creates in your brain, you will lose your desire to ever smoke a cigarette again. 

Cristóbal

Edited by Cristóbal
  • Like 3

Day 1: Using Patch but not smoking. 

I am in a better place emotionally than I was a couple of weeks ago...have been able to “deal” with some issues. SO I’m in the Caboose...had to catch the last car as I ran out of air.... but I’m back on the train. Do or Die mode has kicked in lol!  ?

• Like 2

I think at this point the very worst part is over. There is the nervousness beforehand about "can I really even quit?" Of course the seemingly constant impulses to smoke for those first few days.

Cravings will come and go even after several weeks. Little over 10 weeks in and I sometimes have days where I am dying for one.

Even by day four though we know we don't NEED to smoke to get through the day.

Just try not to forget that if we take even a hit, we will soon end up back at square one. Oh yes, there ARE thoughts of "Just one hit ain't gonna hurt" or "I can just quit again" but then we have to go through those first few days of suckfest which you have already made it through.

• Thanks 1

Stay focused girl. A day at a time and 1 NOPE at a time. Make quitting your life's TOP PRIORITY. Smoking is no longer an option for you!

As well, please make sure you have ditched all smoking materials you may have had in the house. Wash out those dirty old ash trays and toss any lighters laying around. You don't need any of that stuff any longer :)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

Just try not to forget that if we take even a hit, we will soon end up back at square one. Oh yes, there ARE thoughts of "Just one hit ain't gonna hurt" or "I can just quit again" but then we have to go through those first few days of suckfest which you have already made it through.

Not to mention that we never know if the “just one” cigarette will be “the” one that triggers a major illness. A lot like playing Russian Roulette, isn’t it?  No thanks! 

• Thanks 1