I WANT TO QUIT BUT I JUST CAN’T

Tyme2B

Just now, Doreensfree said:

I'm also have this gigantic cast iron frying pan...to hit folks over the head ,if they need a reminder to keep thier quits lol...

Take it one day at a time...Don't over think things...and  NOPE !!!!.....

I SO deserve that Doreen! Lol! Yes, I’m trying to just get through one day at a time...if I’m busy I don’t even think about it. And when I do think about it I keep telling myself I don’t smoke anymore....the urge seems to go away pretty fast...so far. I must say it’s sure nice to not smell like smoke! ?

• Like 1

I’m feeling good about doing this...about being a NON smoker! It sure helps getting positive reinforcement. Never thought I’d have to go through this again after last time....geez. Oh well I screwed up & now I’m paying for it....for the last time!!! 

3 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

That's it. Focus on the good things that are happening because you don't smoke any more - not the difficulties that only come around occasionally. Those will soon disappear and the benefits will multiply.

You’re so RIGHT R!!!

Tyme, as you get more used to not smoking, you will notice when someone around you IS smoking, it may smell repulsive. Like before you may not have noticed but now that you are quitting, you may grow to find the smell nauseating. Good thing though, it is a reminder not to light up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

I' also have this gigantic cast iron frying pan...to hit folks over the head ,if they need a reminder to keep thier quits lol...

Take it one day at a time...Don't over think things...and  NOPE !!!!.....

Yes ..... she actually does! I can attest to that personally :63_astonished:

kaibu9.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 2

This is not an SOS but I’m feeling pretty awful. Nausea, fatigue, feeling very down, no appetite....all normal I’m sure. It’s not easy to carry on with everyday life like this for sure...I just want to sleep till it goes away ? No energy, that’s for sure. And I just cannot deal with my “trigger” right now so I’m not. 

• Sad 1

The early days are tough..your body has been thrown into chaos...

The only way through this is fight your way through ...I remember I didn't sleep at all..but slowly it did get better..and soon enough I was back to sleeping all night..

Keep fighting tyme..you will never have to feel this way again...hope tomorrow is a better day..

• Sad 1

Thanks Doreen. ? I appreciate your response very much. Yes this is my worst day yet. I’m just tired & nauseated and despite trying to get my mind off feeling this way by doing something, I just can’t seem to feel well enough to do anything.....I know I sound like a wimp. I’m definitely not thinking of smoking tho...it’s like a flu...but I know it’s just Withdrawal. I actually was just reading about Flu Symptoms in Nicotine Withdrawal. It sucks! 

Edited by Tyme2B

Quitter's flu, they call it. Yeah - it sucks and maybe you just need to veg out a little until you can summons some energy again. You are in the thick of it now so I guess the best news is, it won't get worse and it will not last forever. As crappy as it feels, embrace it and be sure to remember how crappy you feel because once you are past it, you certainly don't want to return there .... ever. You can get past this T2B! We have all been there. Just grit your teeth and stand by your original commitment to yourself to remain quit. The only thing that is int in play is smoking again. That just is no longer an option.

• Thanks 1

Quitters Flu....you’re right R. I don’t want this again...it just totally sucks! Thanks for the “grit your teeth” advice & reassurance you have all gone through it. It can leave anytime lol....the sooner, the better. 

• Like 1

Get as much sleep as you can & be sure to keep hydrated. Even though you may not be feeling like eating, get some kind of nourishment in you because you'll need that to start feeling better. Unfortunately, these are the dues we all have to pay for mistreating our bodies for so long. Just one thing you can't do now and you know what that is :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Just one thing you can't do now and you know what that is :)

Housework!!! Right? ??

seriously...thanks...I took some “tummy” medication & feel a little better. Resting has helped. I haven’t let the whole day pass by yet. ?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tyme2B said:

Quitters Flu....you’re right R. I don’t want this again...it just totally sucks! Thanks for the “grit your teeth” advice & reassurance you have all gone through it. It can leave anytime lol....the sooner, the better. 

It came; it will go. 

In the meantime, do whatever little things you can to comfort and reward yourself for toughing it out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Probably best to stay away from the sticks & chicks game though, until you're feeling a little better?:91_thumbsup:

Lol! I MUST be feeling better or out of my mind tee hee! ? 

Edited by Tyme2B

The mental fog.  Those dramatic ebbs and flows where you feel lethargic one minute and energetic the next.  The obsessive thoughts.  They all pass.

The story we tell ourselves matters.  Are you feeling these things because you quit or are you feeling these things because you were a smoker.  The quitting process is one that leads to freedom and improved health.  Well worth a bit of temporary discomfort for the dividends payed by the process.  Smoking, on the other hand, only offers slavery and illness.  Good riddance.

It helped me immensely when I stopped blaming the quit and focused on the real enemy: the cigarette.

Quitting is awesome.  Smoking sucks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m keeping it together Doreen...barely...my elderly, abusive mother is my “trigger” as I have mentioned before & she is just terrible right now. My sister needs my help with her which is only fair....I am really struggling but I’ll be okay. If I didn’t have this mother thing always hanging over my head I could do this more easily...it’s hard enough. Anyway thanks for letting me vent ?

• Sad 1

I'm sorry you and your sister are in  a bad situation Tyme....I can only imagine how hard this is for you both....

The hard truth is ..smoking won't change anything..only put your own health at risk...the best thing you can do for Tyme is to have the healthiest life you can have..

Off the record thread ..has a perfect place for letting of steam...go for it...its good to get it out ...