its the smell

Sarah

I got a PM from ladybug about how she sniffed herself and said how great it was. Thought it was a bit funny and didn't really consider it further.

UNTIL TODAY!!!!

I'm a receptionist for an office building. Dull as it is I sign people in and out all day, smile and point visitors to conference rooms and businesses scattered throughout the building.

I used to go out on smoke breaks. Quite a lot of them with various people from various companies, they'd come down to reception, we'd nod at each other and we'd go for a smoke.

But no I'm noticing how stinky they are. Especially when they've just had a smoke and its still lingering. And when I have to sign in people who have had that last smoke before a big meeting.

I was like that.

Its horrible.

I SMELL WONDERFUL! SNIFF ME!

• Like 12

I remember that....I was stunned to smell my body lotion and my shampoo. SoberJulie was the one who told me she was "sniffing herself" and it made me laugh, but I understood because I felt the same way. Just in awe...wondering if I always smelled that yummy!

The same day I decided that my dogs needed a bath lol

• Like 3

This is so funny! I just made a blog post about my sense of smell.

I have been incredibly surprised at how some things smell. 

Some new scents smell wonderful!! Other things....oh boy....I was shocked by their stink.

But one thing is constant, I never smell like a stinky ashtray anymore. :)

• Like 2

My hubby smells delish and I never knew unless he had aftershave but now after he has a shower I can smell how nice he smells, apparently I smell pretty yummy too, feel bad for 9 years I could never smell him ; (

Hmmmm I think this looks wierd, sounded right in my head but not wrote down lol

• Like 3

My hubby smells delish and I never knew unless he had aftershave but now after he has a shower I can smell how nice he smells, apparently I smell pretty yummy too, feel bad for 9 years I could never smell him ; (

Hmmmm I think this looks wierd, sounded right in my head but not wrote down lol

LOL! It doesnt sound weird at all!! 

I totally understand. :)

• Like 1

I know Sarah I feel the same and I'm morto thinking about how much I stank and my man never complained about it but I could never kiss a smoker now, just aswell I married a non smoker ;)

They must have 'really' loved us to kiss us ;)

The smell.... ;)

I iron for people, part-time, and I remember getting a 'huge' wiff of an armpit on a gentleman's shirt. Swallow the heave/gag..still get a wiff of his ironing now and then. Eeeewwww

• Like 1

I don't understand how my boyfriend put up with me. He's a never-smoker. I must have smelled terrible and tasted like an ashtray when he kissed me! Blech. I don't know if I could be in a relationship with a smoker now.

It's crazy how much your sense of smell heightens, eh? I love the smell of my shampoo and am constantly sniffing my hair after a shower, lol. I know I look weird, but there's worse things I could be doing (like smoking)!

• Like 2

I was in a grocery store line-up a few weeks ago.......the person ahead of me was clearly a heavy smoker. The smell was awful, and I was stuck in line. 

I pulled my shirt up over my nose and I didnt even care if I appeared rude. Inflicting that smell on others is rude. 

• Like 3

I was in a grocery store line-up a few weeks ago.......the person ahead of me was clearly a heavy smoker. The smell was awful, and I was stuck in line. 

I pulled my shirt up over my nose and I didnt even care if I appeared rude. Inflicting that smell on others is rude. 

I hear you Julie. It's so nasty! When I was at my old job, pretty much everyone smoked. You could tell who were the heavy smokers because they stunk when they walked by. Now I just gag inwardly at the smell... yuck!

• Like 1

My biggest notice is while driving. With the nic-er weather here, windows are being rolled down. I used to always hear my non smoking wife say, "Somebody's smoking!!" I would roll my eyes and give it the old, ok hon. Then she would roll the windows up and proceed to complain louder as the smell of smoke would enter through the vents. She would start screaming at the driver in front of her and then I would say, do you mind if we pull over for a smoke?? She loved that one.

Now, I'm driving around and can literally smell the person smoking 3 cars in front of me. And I did the roll up windows thing and it IS incredibly worse when a/c is on.

Also, guy I work with was an old smoke buddy of mine. Now he's just a buddy of mine. When he approaches my office I cringe that he is going to come in and ask me a question. He literally smells like his body is saturated with smoke, deep into his clothing.

Nas-T

• Like 1

I must apologise to my partner of 11 years who put up with my fag breath!!, He loves smelling my hair now and tells me all the time how delish I smell, I love mens aftershave and can now smell his aftershave in the bedroom after he has sprayed it, such simple things can bring such joy  :)

• Like 3

omg I put a scarf on the other day that I had and I know when I put it away it smelt of washing powder and perfume - oh lord the other day it smelt like a donkeys ass (yes I do know what that smells like lol) 

straight in the washing machine!!