What do you really enjoy since quitting

I love the no smelling smoke on me...my clothes ..hair etc. As above not planning any time to allow for smoking...spending my money on treats and not cigs. Love all the extra time not smoking gives me....not dousing in body spray before going in the office. And these things and others keep me from smoking!

High five !!!!

• Like 1

Hey Pixel, man i am really with you on that one. Anything to get that metabolism running faster... then you don't gain weight and you also slow down aging and speed up repair... of course when you are young that is not a big issue most of the time but if you did lot's of damage to your body smoking like i . did... then

well i am trudging along ok with my bad ankle and can go for walks and still ride my exercise bike 

i notched up a big step, you can see the small differences if you stick with it...

it is never to late to get into better shape..

and it's great for your moods, sleep, anxiety and an other issues

sometimes i think what people who quit smoking need is free boot camp

• Like 3

Allot since quitting!.... One thing that is kinda cool I run out without a pocketbook or a very small one because I don't need to fit cigarettes or lighters.... Love love not stinking.....

• Like 3

All of the above...but one thing I've noticed is I don't have to spend $$ every single day. As a smoker, I was constantly going to the gas station for smokes, soda, gum, mints, whatever...I can go all week and never spend any money other than groceries once and gas once.

• Like 3

Money, money, money... what to do with all the money i save by not smoking? Since my 'red' cigs were $14.50 CAN when I quit... at first I didn't really know what to do with all the money i was saving.

i strongly urge everryone to set aside a fixed percent of that (it can be 100% it can be 10%)... we are not all in the same financial position...

but whatever it is you gotta actually spend that money extra on yourself. Then of course that depends on what you like... a vacation..

weekly massages... physio.. a gym membership... rf frequency laser treatment for all the damages that smoking has done to your face ...

or brownies

or raspberries

or a great pair of shoes.. whatever is your fancy.

but do spend some of that money on yourself, or on what you really do care about it life...

but anyway it's important to give steady rewards to yourself. 

• Like 2

That's one of the first things I noticed..not going backwards and forwards to the ATM machines..

Because I kept running out of money... What I did get out .lasted me all week....

More money for treats and good things.. This still gives me a good feeling nearly 4 years later..

• Like 2

I have just got off a flight and the one thing I loved was not stressisng about where to smoke before the flight. I for the first time in 20 years was calm waiting for my bag at the carousel as I wasn't racing to get out and smoke !

• Like 1

Getting though somehow another major trigger day with my son, of all things.. but he is much better finally and i hope on his way out of his worries... he ended up doing a stellar job on his application after procrastinating and thinking about it every day since last Nov and i really felt sorry for him, but

I tried the ends of my patience after months and the last days and the endless hours and i'm not oging to do it and then changing his mind

just to distract him from one task to another was the trick...

i am so happy that i quit smoking, it literally saved my life. it is why i am healthy alive today rather than very sick alive today.

• Like 1

best mother's day present ever. A bouquet of flowers from my son will arrive soon.

I am lost as to how to post this. i have it on my google drive. i can't load google drive onto my mac. it just won't move over to the applications folder when i try to drag it on installation.

that is one little thing.

the next is how do i post an image. from google drive

or from downloads folder

i tried control command v

and nothing happend.

i have uploaded a screen shot and hit 'add to post'

we will see what this looks like

and gravatar should have deployed by now

lovely day today folks. my ankle is feeling alot better and i carried 20 lbs of groceries home 2K steps... Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 1.03.02 PM.png

so at 10:36 am this morning my son turned in his application to the master's in computer science program at dal.

Free at lastFree at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.' - Martin Luther King Jr.

• Like 1

Sounds stupid but i love the space in my pockets. Usually going out involves, Wallet, Phone, keys, Lighter, Cigs (usually 2 packs if out for a while). So much clutter. Now its simple. Also no more traffic fines for throwing dog ends out the window of the car!!

• Like 1

Sounds stupid but i love the space in my pockets. Usually going out involves, Wallet, Phone, keys, Lighter, Cigs (usually 2 packs if out for a while). So much clutter. Now its simple. Also no more traffic fines for throwing dog ends out the window of the car!!

This is only the beginning...soon the benieft will start piling up...

Yes, I hadn't thought of that but it's true. So much less clutter to carry around all the time. Early in my quit I recall a few times when gathering my stuff to go out somewhere, I would find myself checking a pocket to make sure I had my smokes then remembering ..... oh yeah, I don't smoke now :)

i play golf, all weekend, and i am ashamed to say it, but for tomorrow i would be getting ready at say 11 am, making sure i had 3 packets of cigs ready for the day ahead, i would usually return at 10 pm! Played a few times since i quit and never bothered me. That was always going to be my worst moment, on the golf course!

• Like 2

Every time you play and don't smoke ..it will get easier... Very soon it will be the norm..

You probally will play better..without having to stop for a quick fix very so often..

Just think ..you soon will be able to buy nicer golf clubs..now there's a thought !!!!...

• 1 month later...