February 7, 20179 yr Hi friends, Just wanted to post a little update. Today is 1 month and 4 days since I've had my last cig. Today, I feel that I can breathe better, I'm not having weird heart palpitations at night anymore, and I have way more energy then I thought I could ever have. I find myself doing more because I'm not held back by needing to smoke every hour (sometimes every 15-20 minutes when I was bored). I will tag along on the rides to Lowes, exercise after work or go to lunch with friends, IN THE SAME VEHICLE!. Life is good and good things just keep happening. The one decision to quit, this one big decision has changed numerous things for the better in just a month. I am happier, I have less of a short fuse...and I just feel so damn good about myself. I am proud every day of myself, and that's something I haven't felt in a very long time. I even had a girls night with my best friends on Friday and had a bit too much wine...had a BLAST and didn't once think about smoking. I didn't realize until the next day, I didn't miss it for a single second. In fact, when I smell smoke, all I can think is "I'm so thankful that's not me." My point is, this can be done and things can ONLY get better. I will pledge NOPE everyday (minus weekends because I refuse to long onto my computer) and will never ever go back to this habit. I now have the strength to say I am a non-smoker and I'm not scared I will "relapse". Thanks for keeping me on track and keeping me keeping on. All my best, J
February 7, 20179 yr Good job lad! See, i told you it gets easy. Things will only get better so enjoy the ride. :)
February 7, 20179 yr Author You are an inspiration and a SUPER HERO!!! Thanks for your encouragement! Ex - Believe it or not, it helps to know there are other people who have begun the quit journey too because I feel like I can't fail them :) Gives me even more motivation! Thanks for the kind words my friend...
February 7, 20179 yr High five Jackie..you have so got this.. The beniefts just keep coming..your young too..I wish I had quit at your age... Well done sweetheart ...
February 7, 20179 yr Good stuff Jackie. Quitting smoking is usually just the first step in a process that leads to many unforeseen benefits. It's truly one of the best things we will ever do for ourselves.
February 8, 20179 yr Congrats Jackie... It was evident from your early posts that you had your head wrapped around this quit and was going to succeed! But....dont ever forget how bad smoking was ... Many months into my quit, the thought would enter my mind that quitting wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....I figured I could smoke one and have no problem with it... I mentally smacked myself in the face to bring me back to reality....there is no " just one " we are all "one puff away, from a pack a day habit." .. Your encouragement to others here is great. It's good to hear from someone who has / is going through the same thing... You're a tremendous asset to the board... Way to go!!
February 8, 20179 yr Author Hey thanks Joe! Yes, all it would take is one, single, puff. I had some really bad cravings this morning - changed what I was doing and thought, not a chance in hell I'm going to the store :) I love that my mind is strong enough to not even make that an option at the time. I really appreciate your kind words my friend!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.