Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Couple of questions for you quacks

Featured Replies

Salt lamp thing. Real or gimmick? What's the deal and wear did this come from?

Never heard of this thing.

Saying like NOPE but for eating especially snacks? Belt is tight.
Loosen belt, otherwise snack with rabbit food and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum (empty calories).  Reduce calories to maintain by 10%, cut sugar, cut empty calories and eat food high in fiber. Calories to lose weight: 50% protein, 40% carbs (whole grain, brown not white) and 10% fats.  Calories to maintain weight:  40% protein, 50% carbs (whole grain, brown not white) and 10% fats.  Example:  If you weigh 200 pounds, cut your caloric intake to 1900 calories (2000 calories to maintain your weight, anything over and you will gain) and track your macro-nutrients to 50/40/10.  If you exercise, you'll need more calories so figure out how many calories you're burning while exercising and add to your regular maintenance requirements and reduce the 10% from that.

 

Healthy eating book that is not some new fad...

Don't need a book.  See above.  

I forgot to add, I still use myfitnesspal, free on the computer or you can download as an app. Only time I shift weight is when I use it to check myself that I'm not just being greedy lol. Let me know if you join and I can add you. Diets are bad news, we can never keep to them. Monitoring calories in and expended makes me accountable to myself without going overboard. 

 

xx

I forgot to add, I still use myfitnesspal, free on the computer or you can download as an app. Only time I shift weight is when I use it to check myself that I'm not just being greedy lol. Let me know if you join and I can add you. Diets are bad news, we can never keep to them. Monitoring calories in and expended makes me accountable to myself without going overboard. 

 

xx

 

MFP FTW!

 

Sarge logs on for a few months every year to unbury the abs from all that Thanksgiving Turkey, Christmas Cookies, and New Year's Whiskey.

 

It's virtually impossible to lose weight without tracking, and yet so easy when you log, track, and are held accountable.

 

Two thumbs up!

 

 

 

Easy Peasy

I ask you guys and girls because of the diversity of the group and how weird you all are....

 

Salt lamp thing. Real or gimmick? What's the deal and wear did this come from?

 

Saying like NOPE but for eating especially snacks? Belt is tight.

 

Healthy eating book that is not some new fad...

 

Stop at three questions Thanks in advance

Nothing really to add, just wanted to let you know I found a pic of you at the beach

fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-1.
  • Author

That's my skinny picture

  • Author

I am skipping the woo

What is wrong with you

 

Get a little woo :)

Nothing really to add, just wanted to let you know I found a pic of you at the beach

fat-shirtless-guy-eating-cheeseburger-1.

Hey give him a break. This pic was from before he ate the lamp :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.