October 21, 20169 yr How can some people say 'it wasn't difficult at all'? Did they use a Nicotine supplement? Or did they only smoke for a week? As compared to 20+ year's? What I found difficult, was changing my daily routine, from the minute my feet hit the floor in the morning, until it was time for bed at night. But after day 4, the 'routine', is the new norm. I still find at times, I want a cigarette. I hope that will stop one day. Why do I want one? I honestly cannot answer. I wonder sometimes that people may be confusing 'easy' with 'simple.' To quit smoking is simple. But simple is not the same as easy. Unless, of course, you are trying to make it easy by adopting an attitude of absolutism in your expressed convictions. This tends to be successful if you are very very self-disciplined-confident and/or an egocentric meglomaniac. For those of us that fall into other categories there may be additional advice that can prove helpful. Hence, this forum for lesser mortals. :P
October 23, 20169 yr Thank you Tiffany for being honest!! You are so right........no, I don't want to go a week, a month, a freaking year, just to start the quit again. Screw that. The big test is going to be this weekend. Our friend is coming in tonight and I am vacillating on whether or not I want to go out and meet everyone. I am not that comfortable yet to be around the smoker's. What about you? And all of you? How long before you actually were comfortable with your quit to be around a friend or friends who are life-long smoker's? Hope you powered through the weekend. I distanced myself from smokers and smoking bars which were still in full swing 3 years ago. I kept that distance for a month or two. Then, the smell was so abhorrent that I didn't want to be around it. The smoke smelled like the poison that it is. I have a few smoking friends. They don't smoke much in front of me and if they do we are outside where I can be upwind. I found that some smoking buddies were not friends, they were just smoking buddies. One was quite angry that I quit, envious ? and then there were a couple who were incredibly non-supportive verbally which made me purge them from 'friends', I don't need friends like that. I had never had anyone act like a 'pusher' before even when procuring illegal substances, it was only a cigarette addict who tried to push a cigarette in my hand and insist, "aw, go on, you know you want one. you can have just one, can't you ? One won't hurt" I removed myself from their presence. Silly addicts.
October 24, 20169 yr This tends to be successful if you are very very self-disciplined-confident and/or an egocentric meglomaniac. Also works quite well for us common, everyday,garden-variety narcissistic jackasses. Easy Peasy
October 25, 20169 yr Please let my thoughts be wrong, nothing would make me happier but, I have a feeling that circumstances over the weekend came between you and your quit. This does not have to happen. If you are committed to your quit, committed to NOPE, this cannot happen. It is all about NOPE. Cristobal says it best You--->Your Quit--->Your Life Please come back and tell me I supposed wrong....or come back and have a successful quit. You are in my thoughts. S
October 29, 20169 yr Sandi, Please put the cigarettes DOWN and walk away. You are dealing with an aggressive addiction that will keep you enslaved. Why would you choose to smoke ? We can only help you after you make the decision to never take another puff. Not One Puff Ever. Please make that commitment. You will succeed ! S
November 1, 20169 yr Thinking about you, Sandi. Nicotine addiction is very serious. Smoking is committing suicide. You are a vital young woman. What can we do to help you make the best decision of your life ? You were doing so good and you can do better. You don't have to let a few bad choices ruin your life.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.