Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I have been invited to lung clinic...

Featured Replies

Wasn't sure where to post this..thought it would be better here..

At the moment ..in Liverpool..folks who are the beautiful age I am ..who are ..or have been smokers are invited to attend a lung clinic which is going around the town..

The test will consist of a spirometry blow...looking for copd ...and assess my risk of lung cancer..

My apointment is Tuesday...

All the time I smoked 52 years ..I never worried about the state of my poor lungs...now..

I've been quit 3 years..I'm really worried about the damage I have caused..

It's just a case of...how much damage...sigh !!!

Good luck hun, 

I think you are really brave to face the music, Doreen.

Prayers for a clean bill of health.

S

I hope the news is better than you are expecting!  

I hope knowing the status brings you a sense of relief.  Recently, I went through some medical workups and received peace of mind.  It's much better than living with the fear and shame every time my body ached or I had a cough. All the best Doreen!

I would not want to know. Hoping for best but until a problem appeared....head in the sand

Wasn't sure where to post this..thought it would be better here..

At the moment ..in Liverpool..folks who are the beautiful age I am ..who are ..or have been smokers are invited to attend a lung clinic which is going around the town..

The test will consist of a spirometry blow...looking for copd ...and assess my risk of lung cancer..

My apointment is Tuesday...

All the time I smoked 52 years ..I never worried about the state of my poor lungs...now..

I've been quit 3 years..I'm really worried about the damage I have caused..

It's just a case of...how much damage...sigh !!!

 

 

Good Health to you, Doreen.  I will be thinking of you today.

S

  • Author

Thank you lovely peeps for all the good luck wishes..meant alot....so

I have to have another appointment..with a more accurate machine..at the lung clinic...

My biggest blow registered 66%...and it has to be over 70%..before no follow up...

But hey i was happy with that...after puffing my brains out for 52 years..I'm just grateful to still be here..

Look at the millions smoking has taken far too early...

I am so proud of you for going and facing the music, Doreen, and hope you hit the 70o/o !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.