Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Found the cigarettes

Featured Replies

I found the cigs that mom's been hiding, so that mystery's gone. I had that thought of "one can't hurt" but when I moved to take a cig, my chest felt tight and I just put it back. Withdrawl has been hell for me, and I quit for a reason in the first place. I don't want to go through that again.

Good job putting it down.  There is no such thing as one cigarette. The only way to make the monster go to sleep forever is to not feed it.  Give yourself time to heal and I promise you won't miss it.  It just takes time.

So, can the hidden cigarettes be thrown out, now?  I understand your frustration when you can't find something...but why would your Mom hide them in the first place?  This is life and death, not hide and seek.  Soak the cigarettes in water and throw them out! 

Good for you!! First test won and a big one too! The "no one would know", "one won't hurt".

 

Well done!!

 

 


Posted Image

  • Author

So, can the hidden cigarettes be thrown out, now?  I understand your frustration when you can't find something...but why would your Mom hide them in the first place?  This is life and death, not hide and seek.  Soak the cigarettes in water and throw them out! 

 

Mom still smokes.

Withdrawal has been hell for me, and I quit for a reason in the first place. I don't want to go through that again.

This is where that quote comes in:

 

"IF YOU HAVE JUST ONE CIGARETTE, YOU'LL BE BACK WHERE YOU STARTED. WHERE YOU STARTED WAS DESPERATELY WISHING YOU WERE WHERE YOU ARE TODAY."

 

You have come too far to throw it away. ;) Good job putting them down.

Woot woot, lighting 'that one that can't hurt'  can hurt and ruin a lot NOPE

You should feel very proud...your a strong peep.....

Hopefully your mum will follow you...when she sees you have quit for good...

Treat yourself to something nice.....rewards....they are important....

Great job! Hard to walk away sometimes but exactly what you said - you know too much, you felt too bad whilst smoking - no such thing as "one".

 

Congrats on your first week free!!

 

x

  • Author

You should feel very proud...your a strong peep.....

Hopefully your mum will follow you...when she sees you have quit for good...

Treat yourself to something nice.....rewards....they are important....

 

I'd been trying to get mom to quit with me, but she just won't. I can only hope her seeing me quit she'll stop all together. But right now she's just cutting back little by little.

 

My reward is going to be going to my son's birthday party and being able to tell him mommy still doesn't smoke. That's enough for me.

This all resonates with me so I hope it's ok to comment again.

 

I can confirm your child will be utterly delighted! They have more of a clue then we give them credit for!

 

Your Mum will do what she must do for herself and my advice is to keep your journey very seperate. Sometimes, a quit can inspire, but sometimes it doesn't. Just hold your own space and do it for you and your child :)

 

x

  • Author

Well, went to my son's birthday party. It was them, the parents (you know, me and the ex) and grandparents (though my dad was working and couldn't be there). And normally I'm the one saying "okay, we gotta go" because I want to have a smoke. This time I just had a great time following like, three different conversations (two sons and the adults), eating, and listened to how Bizarre Foods has changed my son. My younger son, Alex, has cleaned, cooked, and eaten some worms and a grub. I got to see video of him eating the grub. We were eating some mussels and he commented that it tasted like the grub. Gee, thanks kid. Oh, but tripe and chicken's feet were too gross to eat. But the eyeballs of the shrimp weren't. He didn't like the fried shrimp, but he enjoyed the eyeballs.

Well, went to my son's birthday party. It was them, the parents (you know, me and the ex) and grandparents (though my dad was working and couldn't be there). And normally I'm the one saying "okay, we gotta go" because I want to have a smoke. This time I just had a great time following like, three different conversations (two sons and the adults), eating, and listened to how Bizarre Foods has changed my son. My younger son, Alex, has cleaned, cooked, and eaten some worms and a grub. I got to see video of him eating the grub. We were eating some mussels and he commented that it tasted like the grub. Gee, thanks kid. Oh, but tripe and chicken's feet were too gross to eat. But the eyeballs of the shrimp weren't. He didn't like the fried shrimp, but he enjoyed the eyeballs.

Wow, that was some conversation (ewwww)!  So glad you enjoyed the party without the nasty cigarettes!

  • Author

Oh! I forgot to mention. My mom cleaned out her van of the mobile ashtray and her lighters so she's no longer smoking in the car either.

Oh! I forgot to mention. My mom cleaned out her van of the mobile ashtray and her lighters so she's no longer smoking in the car either.

This is a positive step from her :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.