Okay enough is enough!!!

Evelyn

Miss 'Whale' decided to cut on eating bread and start eating mealsalads for dinner, veggies en fruit in between. I'm not gonna grow into a blue whale  <_< 

2w1ulg5.jpg

I gained 7 kg and am now 69,9 kg now where I was always around 60 kg. Not feeling happy with my size atm. 

So this will be continued!

• Like 7

Evelyn, you are so brave to post this. But it's funny, forgive me, because you look so serious, and really, you DO NOT LOOK LIKE A WHALE.  I like your sparky top or thingie, and I want to hug you. If I were brave I'd send you a selfie in my leopard print mini skirt, which I fill out very nicely, thank you. Okay, seriously, you may just have some bloat too, which is easily remedied, and you can do it in less than a week. NO REFINED CARBS. NO SUGAR. 8 TO 10 glasses of water every day. There are also teas that help...and you can crush up juniper berries and drink 1 to 2 cups a day. Soup with a lot of parsley. Asparagus. Oranges. NO TWIX, GIRL!!!  Eat lotsa protein...fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, cottage cheese, salmon. No hard cheese. It has too much salt. I'm going to start this today, put not send a selfie. You are too too brave. You are lovely and okay and BEAUTIFUL. I mean that with all my heart!  Cyber-hug! :wub:

• Like 3

Well I start feeling unhappy. My tummy is large and I don't mean I want to get back to size M but growing outta xxl pants is annoying lol

But your very kind cpk it's a combi of quit and using meds that make me hungry.

And if I keep this tempo up. I DO become a whale

• Like 1

Juniper berries are hard to find. Herb shops carry them. All the running around to get supplies helps reduce bloat. Because walking helps. Bloat is water your body is holding onto because maybe too much sugar or salt. Oh, so, MUST REDUCE INTAKE OF SALT. No chips. No soda. No candy. Run around getting special teas. In one week you can lose a lot. You will be surprised. And you will feel better. I need to do this, too. Let's do it together, okay?

• Like 1

Yeah, but Evelyn, if you are drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day...it will reduce hunger. Sometimes I feel hungry when I am really thirsty. It doesn't matter...weight is part fat, part water retention, especially in women. Meds are not any help, I know. But I still stand on what I say and I'm going to do it. Goodbye, Twix and KitKats!

• Like 1

Oh yeah they've been banned: bad bád Twix and KitKat! 

Think was I ate 4 sandwiches a day + dinner often pasta so I want to reduce the sandwiches to 2 and eat veggies in between, very good for your tummy. Carbs are bád too! 
About drinking fluids; that I already do 2 ltr. I believe if not 3

Oh and I'm not saying I'm WAY overweight, just one size And I'd like to stay in XXL pants and XL tops

If I loose weight that's great but not my goal; I want to have HEALTHY lifestyle are you with me girl?!

We got this! 
Oh walking I cannot do very well but I intent to cycle twice a week

• Like 1

I feel for you.

As for me - the weight stuff is just plain exhausting.  I need to get over it!!!  But cigarettes were my main motivator for pretty much everything I did - waking up, doing yoga, going outside.  Sometimes I feel so unmotivated because I don't have that reward system in place.  I need to see things as rewards in and of themselves.  Like, the coffee alone is a reward - - - the exercise alone is the reward.  HARD TO DO.

What does, "I might go extreme mean"?

I take appetite inducing meds as well - - the way I've circumvented this issue is: I don't really eat a lot before the "craving time" of the day.  So I'm real strict with myself until after I take the meds.  Then I sort of go easy on myself and let myself binge a bit.  I mean, it's calories in and calories out. The equation doesn't say calories in @ such and such time.  I hope that helps maybe.

• Like 2

I read that after you quit smoking you retain more water as well as having a slower metabolism. The water retention causes pressure on nerve endings and such, and causes irritability. That's all. I don't like extra weight and bloat because it doesn't feel good.

The reward thing is because your brain got used to the nicotine releasing a hit of dopamine. Without the nicotine less dopamine gets released. Dopamine is even called the motivator chemical. I have a lot of trouble with this. It was easier once I accepted that okay, the brain has to re-adjust. Also, sadly, nicotine caused a super charge of dopamine that was unnatural. Normally, there isn't such a big charge.

Personally I think the saddest part of nicotine addiction is that it hijacks the reward system in the brain. The same thing happens with people on meth, coke, or heroin.

TEW, I really think you are on the right track. The reward is already there. You are re-educating, re-training, and re-wiring your brain. It's really good.

• Like 1

Update:
I've noticed my intestines are less blown up with gas since I reduced my bread useage from 8 to 4. Eat a lot of veggies and 2 fruits a day AND a full salad / compaired with dinner accept not so many carbs and I'm feeling much better, this is the 4th day and I'm not having much trouble, seems my body gets used to it :)

• Like 1

Miss 'Whale' decided to cut on eating bread and start eating mealsalads for dinner, veggies en fruit in between. I'm not gonna grow into a blue whale  <_< 

2w1ulg5.jpg

I gained 7 kg and am now 69,9 kg now where I was always around 60 kg. Not feeling happy with my size atm. 

So this will be continued!

forgot to mention......choose your words carefully, Evelyn..  Please...never..even in jest...call yourself a whale.  That's harmful to you.

Bread is not the enemy.

Salads and veggies are not a Magic Silver Bullet.

Fruit will not cure what ails the "whale".

If you want to be successful, keep eating what you've been eating your whole life (you're gonna, anyway, no matter what you think at the moment. )

You only need change one thing.

Only one.

Change how much you eat.

Reduce to a *reasonable*, **sustainable** Calorie Deficit and The Magic you seek appears as summoned.

Easy Peasy

(On a downward then for 4 years now, currently down 54 pounds from the high)

• Like 1

I haven't read the thread. I saw Sgt's post and was intrigued.

I agree.

I saw you mentioned something about eating like a rabbit.

To add, you must continue to get the protein, you need. It will only slightly affect a reduction diet, but to not have enough protein over the extensive period of a prolonged reduction diet is bad.

When the body is loosing fat due to significantly reduced caloric intake without sufficient protein intake, there can be loss of muscle tissue, too. You don't want to risk that.

I hope I haven't repeated what others have said.

Okay I felt like a whale :( I use proteins in my salads :) and pasta / or potato too, Just went back to my usual normal bread amount but since I'm so hungry from the meds I eat fruit and veggies to not starts snacking or go back to too much bread :D

Oh btw my therapist insisted a while back if I wanted to change eating habbits I go to dietist so I made an apointment; she can help eat healthy, not too much, not too less calories, but in balance :D So I'm not doing crash diet 

Ya damn it. Some of the meds you are on, can be a real bitch for piling on the weight. You're in it tough but,

It can be done. It's just takes more resolve, than the rest of us lucky ones. I've seen people do it, to their credit.

So, take heart and don't expect huge losses quickly. Going in the right direction, is what will, "win the day", in the end.

:)

• Like 1