Sign in to follow this  
Colleen

Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes

french dip sandwiches crock pot recipe – low calorie  383 calories (not including the roll)

14 oz. can beef broth

1 packet dry onion soup mix

2 lbs chuck roast (I bought 3 pounds & cut off the fat, but I still had more than 2 lbs after trimming it)

Mozzarella cheese

6 frozen (or fresh) french rolls.  I couldn't find any larger sized French rolls, so I bought baguettes and cut them into smaller sizes

Directions:

1.  Turn crock pot on low

2.  Empty broth and soup mix in crockpot -mix

3. Put roast in crockpot

4. Cook on low for 8 hours

5.  Shred with two forks

6.  Cut open rolls and place meat on the rolls

7.  Top with mozzarella cheese

8.  Place in oven just until cheese is melted

9.  Serve with a side of the broth mixture

20150223_175643_zps6fb1fb14.jpg

• Like 2

Yum and what is broth

"Broth" is water that something was cooked in. So, for example, after you boil beef (usually with onions, celery and spices) the cooking water is called "beef broth". The water from cooking chicken is "chicken broth".  I think it may also be called "consumme" but I might be wrong about that. Broth, however, is NOT the same as "bullion". Bullion is an artificially flavored yeast extract that many people use instead of broth because it's cheaper and easier than broth (clearly, I'm a bit of a culinary snob  :) ).