April 8, 201412 yr I have almost reached the mandatory goal in my fundraiser for the September mission to Guatemala. I am so very excited! Last week, part of the fundraiser was dinner and a baseball game (Go Pirates!!) We had a great time and I got to meet the "captain" of the Physical Therapy travel team. Over 60 surgeries planned for one week!! Looks like it will be a great adventure............................ Another door that leads me to "pay it forward".................
April 8, 201412 yr Soul...that is fantastic news!! Hope when you go you will be able to write to us about it. Must be amazing to be a part of something so HUGE!
April 8, 201412 yr I think that's pretty great. Congratulations! Do you have a fundraising site set up? (Crowdrise.com or another site?)
April 8, 201412 yr Wow Soul...sent a warm tingle through me, just wonderful. As Babs said it would be lovely if you shared.
April 8, 201412 yr Author I will share events and pictures as able of course. As far as the fundraiser is concerned and to answer "JustSomeGuy"'s question.............yes, the non-profit Foundation has a fundraiser website set up for the entire Foundation as well as for individual volunteers. They have done this mission for now 5 trips.........2 to Guatemala, 2 to Honduras and one to Panama................this one will be the 6th one. Back to Antigua, Guatemala...................
April 8, 201412 yr Author The Foundation offers total knee and total hip replacements to those who cannot function because of their "orthopedic" condition. Some cannot provide for their family because of their condition..............The Foundation also pairs up with a local orphanage......so there is a humanitarian side to it as well........in those locations, volunteers repaint the orphanage, rebuild a wall or toilets, etc.........etc.............. The surgeries are also offered at the local level (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) ............ There is a national Foundation called Operation Walk.................obviously I am volunteering in the local chapter, Operation Walk Pittsburgh ................. we "Walk it Forward"........... ;-)
April 8, 201412 yr AWESOME SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooo happy!!!!!! You have an amazing job, and your spirit is true to helping others... always has been
April 8, 201412 yr That sounds amazing. Congratulations. Sounds like an amazing foundation that does wonderful things for those in need/less fortunate.
April 8, 201412 yr Soul, it is on my bucket list to do a mission trip :) I look forward to hearing about yours.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.