Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Will You Reward Your Quit?

Featured Replies

I just finished reading the Random Thoughts Marti submitted and I made me think of this potential topic. Marti as most of you know is rewarding herself with a Trip to Florida - it was one of her reasons for quitting smoking. So I want to know what rewards people have in mind for themselves - it doesn't matter if you are quit for 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or 10.  The fact remains that each of us are saving a bunch of money for not smoking anymore - why not reward ourselves and our families.

 

My next reward for me is a Trip to Portsmouth, New Hampshire to visit my Brother - after that I plan on taking my kids to Bear Lake Reserve in North Carolina Mountains.

After that who know but I plan on rewarding myself and family for staying quit. (One day I will even take my dream trip to Ireland)

 

So how are you going to Reward yourself and Family?

Well I've rewarded myself quite a bit.  More than I would have spent on cigarettes.  Here are a few items I've purchased since I quit.

 

tablestereo.jpg

Couldn't you afford a lampshade now that not smoking? :-/

LMAO Jen 

 

MQ I'll hit the dollar store in white marsh and buy you a lamp shade

Harley Parts, trips and a truck. Probably would take trips anyways so just beer.

I'm not sure that I have any plans, I just reward myself (or my wife) as and when I feel like it. I too have probably spent more then I would have on cigarettes, but it's been fun :)

Pleased to see you are on the holiday thoughts too Humbled :)

2 cars, not brand new but needed them, without doubt spent way more then I should have :O

Look forward to meeting up with ye in Ireland Shaggy ;)

I reward myself by breathing everyday :)

Shoes and nice underwear!

Skip the underwear if you want to be more attractive.

I disagree, I think I look better in nice undies than naked. Its actually really annoying (and a turn off) when you go to the effort and all men what to do is get you naked rather than admiring how good we look. Grrr.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.