Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is this mysterious Pendragon?

Featured Replies

... who shares her quit date with Chrispy?... Maybe one of last years´ New Year quitters that has joined us with a different name?

 

Or somebody totally new and exciting?

 

Hi Pendragon! Nice to meet you!

 

:bye:

 

I was wondering the same thing! Introduce yourself Pendragon ;) we don't bite! (much... unless you want us to...) 

I was thinking the same thing - NOPE pledges 3 days in a row, and no formal introduction ;) :p

Hey Pendragon I've seen your name too, come along and say Hi, xxx

  • Author

Please introduce yourself! You´ll be a great asset to us newbies....

 

:)

Welcome Pendragon- can't wait to meet you a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

welcome aboard pendragon

Hiya pendragon and welcome, introduce yourself cos we are all really nosey and would love to know more about you :)

Hello everybody and thanks for the great welcome!  I am, indeed, a follower of dragons and made a successful quit in January of 2013.  Many unsuccessful quits were attempted before hand and I found that the formula that worked for me was: I started my quit midmorning instead of waking up into a quit (that always ended 3 days later for some reason) I accepted that I might not be 100 percent sure of my decision at times (triggers are tricky rabbits, I must say!) I understand the power of quitting just for one day when needed, and I know that smoking worked for me at one time but no longer does.  Whatever dream put the idea in my head (ok..it was me!) that troubles were resolved by smoking faded away.  At the moment I felt like smoking 49% of the time and felt like quitting 51% of the time, I started the quit process.  I am grateful for everyday that I can keep the promise I made to relearn life without a smoke.  Right now, I am struggling which is fine: as long as I start my day with a pledge and end it without a cigarette, I have kept my word.  On occasion situations arise that would have led to a smoking fest for me and I celebrate the freedom of not spending my time and money on a smoke.  Several things have occurred lately that have made me wonder if going back would actually help.  I am reminded that these 'feelings' are triggers in disguise and a thought without action is just a thought after all.

Congratulations to everyone who is one this same journey.  It is well worth it :-) Now if I could only figure out how to make my way around this site, I would be a happy creature indeed!

Great to meet you, Pendragon :)

 

Sorry to hear that you are struggling a little at the moment. I hope that you are able to find the root of the cause, and we will do everything we can to help! It sounds like you are able to tell identify a crave, and dismiss it which is great, but if you need a little 'extra' encouragement, then that what we are here for :)

 

If you have any troubles navigating, just shout!

Thanks for the introduction, the experience you have is just what is needed to help newer quitters on this journey, you should really post more and the sos section would be great for you to help out in with all that knowledge you have.

Delighted to have ye here with us, congrats on a fab quit x

Great to meet you - not sure what probs you are having navigating around here - but give us details and I am sure someone can help a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34)Welcome again - and I hope you start posting insights into the experiences of quitters helps us all a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Hi....great to hear from you.....

Sorry you are struggling just now......

In my early quit....I stayed as close as the board as I could......

I read and read.....I listened......

I was promised it will get better.......they were right ......it so does.......

Hugs

Welcome Elizabeth ;)  ...I am glad you finally made the intro...there are alot of great people here who are more than anxious to help in your quit battle!.

 

as far as site navigation..i find this one to be pretty easy, but if you are struggling finding your way around, just post your question, and someone will direct you to where you want to go...for the most part, with a question about navigating, just click the "socializing" forum (not any of the sub-forums) and ask your questions  :)

 

again, glad to see you "speak up" and introduce yourself....welcome aboard!

Hey Pendragon... from one newbie to another, welcome!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.