Reality about the tobacco industry

Victoria

Here is the ultimate reality about big tobacco.

#1. This is not a defense attempt. But Money hunger creates money jealousy, and you can add the word big to anything to foster lawsuits and regulation in post-Roosevelt urban America.

#2. Big tobacco began at a time when there was no effective majority age, but also no childhood as we know it today...

after slavery, but before drivers licenses, likely before cars, WELL before you had to be 18 to buy it or smoke it, and well before any knowledge of the harms that smoking causes, and before any other modern law regarding packaging and advertising.

To put it into perspective..

My own father comes from a time when children as young as 4 or 5 could and did work (perform paid labor) in alcoholic pubs, in New York City.

Their duties were often to clean the trough in front of the bar stools at the bar itself, in which the patrons urinated into, right from the bar stool at the bar.

Part of my dad's payment at 5 years old, was a free bottle of beer.

My dad started smoking when the US military made him smoke in basic training.

This was in my own dad's lifetime...

Big tobacco is much older than that.

Edited by Victoria
  • Like 4