Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why smoke?? What makes you crave?

Featured Replies

I told my therapist I used to smoke to have an excuse to be alone. I'm very introverted and my "social batteries" are very limited.

 

I quit smoking years ago. I don't usually think about smoking. I forgot about it. It's just a silly thing I used to do and won't do anymore.

 

Then I came back to my hometown for an important family reunion. A lot of distant cousins are coming over, there are a lot of phone calls and everyone is coming over. I have to cook for a lot of people today.

 

... Oh geez, I can't believe I want a smoke so bad.  So weird to feel like this again. I won't smoke, of course. Just... It's frustrating.

 

Remember to respect yourself, your time, your boundaries. Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, take your time. Understand your triggers and get some chocolate. Cravings go away eventually.

Good to see you @justanotherme,Sorry you're having a crave caused by your family reunion. I'm guessing this is a first for you to get past. Luckily at four years quit (congratulations on that!) its easily dismissed and acknowledged for what it is.

Try to have a great time and we'll be here if you need us 🤗

Hi  justanotherme!

I think it's the addiction, we'll always be the addict (in my opinion).

That's why we must always be vigilant.

I stay prepared for that monster. There is a reason I spent those years reading, watching videos and constantly educating myself.

Supporting others and being supported to keep myself accountable.

Understanding the lie is what helps me on those moments when I "want" a cigarette.

Glad you came to vent about it. That's part of what this fabulous support group is all about.

KTQ

 

Have the party catered.   Lot less stress for you.   My BIL hired cater for my sisters 60th.   He still got all the credit for the food 😀

It’s so refreshing to see someone with such a long quit own up to experiencing a desire for a

cigarette after a great length of time. I am 5 months quit and although I hardly every think of smoking anymore I know that I need to always be vigilant against the addiction. I too believe that we are addicts. There is no other word for what we deal with when we quit, the thoughts we have from time to time and the craving for something that is only going to kill us. I am sorry that you were under so much stress but thank you for being honest so that us newbies KNOW that we will battle this the rest of our lives. And awesome job saying NOPE to nicotine! 🤗

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

but thank you for being honest so that us newbies KNOW that we will battle this the rest of our lives. 

Gus, let me assure you that the longer you're quit the easier and farther in between the craves become. So its not really a battle so much as its being AWARE of the fact that we're addicts. And as long as we don't act on those pesky craves we will never relapse 🤗

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.