back to the rollercoaster or surfing the wave

Kris

I thought I was doing a little better but for the last couple of hours,, my brain is sending the signal that I need to take a break and have a smoke.  What the hell is the psychology of this nightmare?  In control one minute and losing your mind the next, gonna break and have another nicotine lozenge.  I have not watched any of the videos yet.  Do they explain what is happening to us, if not, is any one out there a psychiatrist that can explain this. I swear at this point I just want to be put into a medically induced coma until this crap is over.  I mean really how much strength do we have to have.  Sorry, I have fallen into the black hole of anger again. I have to go back and read these things before I hit the button because my brain is telling me one thing and my fingers are typing something else, you do not want to know.

K (the hulk)

Thanks Jillar, I  read the post you suggested and Babs is right.  I don't know how someone so young could have the insight into this when I have smoked longer than she has been alive. I will keep reading it over and over.  It feels like my brain is broken because I know all these things but I can't make it stop. In fact I still am finding things more difficult than the day I quit.  Here nor there I do not have a choice but to grin and growl and bear, so I will.

K

• Like 2

I've also made a weekly blog of great posts written by our members that addresses a lot of the early quit stuff. So check them out if you get a chance, maybe something there will be helpful as well. Oh and our video forum if you rather watch then read :) 

• Like 1

The  video,s cover most of your concerns ..they are a great watch ..

May I also mention watching the 3 Documentaries....they make you look at smoking in a different way ...

I also found reading Allen Carr the easy way ...a great help ,lots of us here and millions of others ..

Keep reading and learning ...Knowledge is power ..it's what you fight the monster with ...🐸

• Like 2

K ..your no more addicted to any one here ....

Don't let your brain overthink ....you can do this ...by sitting on the Train ..and Learning ....

Be positive ...What your doing is amazing ...

There is only one rule ..Don't stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it ....

I told myself to Take Smoking off the Table ..no matter what was happening ...

You can do this ....believe in yourself ...your stronger than you think ..🐸

• Like 1

Addiction to nicotine and years of conditioning ourselves with cigarettes makes for quite the one-two punch.  It takes some time, but you'll get through it.

Buckle up, knuckle down, and drive on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kris said:

Thanks Jillar, I  read the post you suggested and Babs is right.  I don't know how someone so young could have the insight into this when I have smoked longer than she has been alive. I will keep reading it over and over.  It feels like my brain is broken because I know all these things but I can't make it stop. In fact I still am finding things more difficult than the day I quit.  Here nor there I do not have a choice but to grin and growl and bear, so I will.

K

I smoked for 30 years and  was 46 when i wrote this....lol...but thanks for the compliment  :)

• Like 1