Again

Linda

Hi everyone, I have been one for awhile. Gave up many quits. Have had health issues that make a quit very serious. Had a pulmonary fiction test that was bad I do have moderate emphysema. I feel like smoking on and off for50 years the damage is already done. Mad because I did this to myself. How stupid is that. Today is my  tenth day of not smoking.I just hope it is not to late. So I'm trying again. My doctor is sending me to a pulmonologist. 

Glad to have you back @Linda and congratulations on ten days quit already. You're almost half way through the hardest month of them all.

Now for some tough love: I quit smoking cigarettes in 2016 because of breathing issues and at that time told I had asthma by my pulmonologist. Unfortunately I found out the hard way in January 2020 when I had respiratory failure from a virus I caught that I have severe emphysema and am on oxygen at 56 years old! 

This addiction is deadly, we know that but its also brutal in that instead of dying I get to spend my days attached to an oxygen leash. Don't be me! Keep your quit now before you do become me.........

I know you can succeed, you just have to believe you can too 🤗

• Sad 2

Hi Linda ...

Well done for quitting .....It's never too late....

If you stay Quit ...no further damage will be done to your Lungs ....

COPD / EMPHYSEMA ...is a horrible Illness ...

I'm sorry this has happened to you ....

Jillar is speaking the truth .....

Let's get this quit ,to be your sticky...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Linda said:

I just hope it is not to late.  

It is never too late AND it is always too late. 

It is too late to avoid the damage that has already been done.
Much of it will be reversable. Not at all ALL of it. 
Permanent damage is permanent, after all. 
We all have to live with that. 

The good news: You can avoid doing ADDITIONAL damage. 
Quit now, and you will do no more damage. 
What can be healed will start to heal. 
What can't ... won't. 

Saying "It's too late" is nothing more than a bullshit excuse. 
Don't make excuses. 
Stop. The. Insanity. 

EZPZ

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, jillar said:

Glad to have you back @Linda and congratulations on ten days quit already. You're almost half way through the hardest month of them all.

Now for some tough love: I quit smoking cigarettes in 2016 because of breathing issues and at that time told I had asthma by my pulmonologist. Unfortunately I found out the hard way in January 2020 when I had respiratory failure from a virus I caught that I have severe emphysema and am on oxygen at 56 years old! 

This addiction is deadly, we know that but its also brutal in that instead of dying I get to spend my days attached to an oxygen leash. Don't be me! Keep your quit now before you do become me.........

I know you can succeed, you just have to believe you can too 🤗

So sorry for you on the health issues you have

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back, Linda! Just keep quitting as many times as  you have to.  You may be able to improve your lung function in time with respiratory exercises, diet & exercise and stopping smoking.  Continuing to smoke will only make it worse, so great job in your determination to quit!  You can do it!

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 1

Linda, I am so glad you are back.  Don't let smoking rob you of anymore of your life.  Ten days is awesome and well getting the nicotine out of your system.  Now is the time to change that pattern of thinking that leads you back to smoking.   They are just thoughts and you can power through them.  Stay close this time and shout out when you want to smoke.  We will be here to bring you back to your senses!

• Like 1