Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just a dream

Featured Replies

It was a summer afternoon. I strolled over to bleachers that were set up on the sand of the seaside. A man sat in about row three toward one side. I climbed up to an upper row and sat down. He sat below me, on my left, peacefully smoking a cigarette and gazing out over the water. After a few moments, I realized I was smoking a cigarette, or at least I assumed I was, because I was holding one that was smoked half way down.

 

I was confused. How could I smoke when I was so close to the lido deck and one year quit? The thought crossed my mind that maybe I'd just forget that I'd ever smoked it, but I knew I had to just start from day 1 again. 

 

It was very real, down to the green grass, blue sky and water, and weathered tan color of the wooden bleachers. Fortunately, it was only real to my dreaming self. It was a relief to wake up, realize I was still quit, and less than two months from the lido deck.

 

I think it was a warning from my subconscious. I've seen some films lately where people were smoking, and I felt wistful about past smoking breaks.

Smoking dreams can be scary and I had quite a few long after my quit.

 

It is good that you saw this as a warning though.  Things do get better with time, as I'm sure you have seen, but as nicotine addicts, we must always remain vigilant.

 

Congrats on doing so well with your quit.  As Jill said, I'm looking forward to your first year quit mark too..

I'm glad that you still have that wonderful quit going. Keep it up Kate. I'm one month behind you and I am looking forward to hanging out on the Lido deck with you.

I never did have a smoking dream ...they sound quite scarey......

I can just imagine the joy and relief,when you realize it was just a dream ....

I think we are all ready for a party Kate .....your almost there .!!!!!😁

  • Author
On 1/2/2021 at 8:54 PM, Mac#23 said:

I'm glad that you still have that wonderful quit going. Keep it up Kate. I'm one month behind you and I am looking forward to hanging out on the Lido deck with you.

Excellent! I'll look forward to it too!

:) 

Well at least you had a little taste of disappointment in your dream...enough to let you know how you would feel if you relapsed and keep you from relapsing. I had a similar dream where I didn't realize I'd relapsed until I was 3 cigs into it. Dreams are good outlets and reminders. Keep the quit, Kate!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.