October 10, 20196 yr I've been successfully quit for well over 7 years and it's safe to say I am very good. I will never smoke again, I have no desire to, no cravings or no active thoughts about it. Every now and then I still have dreams where I smoke. I always feel really guilty about blowing my quit during the dream after I've already smoked. Or sometimes I'm confused as to why am I holding this lit cigarette in my hand. These dreams are usually followed by an extreme state of panic/confusion upon waking up about whether I've a) messed up my quit and smoked b) ever actually been quit for this long or if it's all a sham I'm always extremely relieved when my brain catches up and I realise it was just a dream and I've actually not smoked in all this time. This probably tells me how I'd feel if I relapsed.
October 10, 20196 yr This quit is too fresh for smokers dreams. But I do recognise it from my last quit a few years back. I was on a dutch forum and I dreamed my whole group was lighting cigarettes and I was frantically trying to get rid of the cigarettes. Pleading and trying to convince them not to smoke. I have never met the ppl in real life, but somehow my mind had put faces to the nicknames. I also had those dreams where I was lighting a cigarette and after that waking up in complete panic that I threw away my quit. So yeah I can relate
October 10, 20196 yr Yes, i have had dreams before about smoking cigarettes , i was feeling really bad about it and then i woke up and was happy to know that it was just a dream . I read an article few days ago and it says that people sleeping under cold conditions have the chances of nightmares than people sleeping under warm conditions . They even say that people having a deep sleep under warm conditions could see more better dreams . Edited October 10, 20196 yr by Sunshine59
October 10, 20196 yr Author 6 minutes ago, Vivianne said: This quit is too fresh for smokers dreams. But I do recognise it from my last quit a few years back. I was on a dutch forum and I dreamed my whole group was lighting cigarettes and I was frantically trying to get rid of the cigarettes. Pleading and trying to convince them not to smoke. I have never met the ppl in real life, but somehow my mind had put faces to the nicknames. I also had those dreams where I was lighting a cigarette and after that waking up in complete panic that I threw away my quit. So yeah I can relate I had these dreams from the start. They are less frequent now for sure but they still do happen after all this time. Even at the start I was always relieved when I woke up that I hadn't really smoked and I remember being annoyed and confused at myself for smoking in the dream in the first place. Goes to show how strong the addiction is when even now I sometimes have these dreams and I'm far along in my quit.
October 10, 20196 yr I've had those dreams from time to time as well. They don't really bother me. I guess it's because it was only a dream and not real life. I imagine we'll probably have these from time to time for the rest of our lives just as I suspect I'll get an occasional crave for the rest of my life too.
October 10, 20196 yr Author 2 minutes ago, jillar said: I've had those dreams from time to time as well. They don't really bother me. I guess it's because it was only a dream and not real life. I imagine we'll probably have these from time to time for the rest of our lives just as I suspect I'll get an occasional crave for the rest of my life too. Yeah for sure, luckily just a dream! For me they feel very real at the time when they happen and I'm always confused for a while upon waking up as to whether I've really smoked or not. Always great to realise it was only a dream!
October 10, 20196 yr Yes. Weird is it not? I can’t remember dreaming about smoking when I was a smoker, or, maybe I did but didn’t classify it as an important part to remember because it was normal for me to smoke. Now as a non-smoker it is NOT normal for me to be smoking, so, I have a guilt trip in the dream and always remember when I wake up
October 10, 20196 yr I've not had a smoking dream. Is it just the act itself or do you get the taste and smell too.
October 10, 20196 yr 5 minutes ago, Lilly said: Is it just the act itself or do you get the taste and smell too. Personally I've never been able to taste or smell anything in a dream. Which considering some of the dreams I've had is a good thing! 😂😂
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.