Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Amy

  1. Asparagus looks great- I have tried to get a garden going the area is to wet.. I will have to try raised beds maybe start small.
  2. Amy posted a blog entry in Amy's Blog
    I am wondering if I still need to count the days- I have to say I am doing this well. I am wondering if I should post my SOS for myself. At this point I am thinking there will be no SOS but one day there might be.. If I were going to smoke it would have been yesterday. Planning dinner with neighbor coming over and planned on pork loin on the smoker outside. I had to go to the store for the pork loin so I pick the closest store (Stop N Shop) they have only very small pork loins. I discovered this after all of my other shopping was in the cart. So now I have to go to another store a little bit farther away (Shoprite) to get my pork loin. Boy was I aggravated. The thought was in my head I want a cigarette- but then there was the next though I don't smoke. It was as easy as that. I am loving this. It is not always comfortable. Thoughts do pop into my head I could use a cigarette. Then I breath in deep and discover I can actually breathe way better - still a little wheeze in time I am hoping this will heal. I have to hope my body heals because I poisoned it. At the age of 58 my risk of lung cancer will be that of a non smoker. This is something to look forward to in the healing process. I don't really exercise but it seems that I am constantly busy with house work and outside maintenance. Maybe I will try to take up walking to further my lung capacity. My second pledge for today NOPE Not One Puff EVER.
  3. Thanks Nancy!
  4. Congrats Juan- you did it! Very proud for you. :)
  5. Hi Tiffany, Sorry I hope your day gets better- you got this.
  6. Amy replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    17
  7. I just ordered lunch leaving in about 10 minutes to go pick up.
  8. Amy replied to Trish's topic in Socializing
    Yes- it is funny you don't realize the things that you shouldn't do until the day after. Fell better soon.
  9. Congratulation on 3 months! :)
  10. I messaged him didn't get anything back- hope he is good
  11. I haven't seen you on the board and I am wondering how you are doing. You are my quit buddy.
  12. Thanks for sharing- I am there
  13. Hi Jimmy, I am Amy new here 1 week nice to meet you.
  14. Never mind really dumb question.. Dottie Enjoy your new addition
  15. Welcome new kitty- what is her name?
  16. Congratulations Andrew - Happy for you 8 months is awesome!
  17. Happy Monday Morning to everyone! I know this is only my 6th day- but I am still on top of the world. I can feel that my breathing is a little bit easier and my morning smokers cough doesn't last as long as it was. My other half just told me he can tell I sleep better at night not as much snoring(LOL) he said my lungs must be opening up. I already am less fatigued. Must be the extra oxygen I am getting. This is all I need. I am not going back no matter what. NOPE for the second time today. I know have already said this and probably sound like a broken record but this time around is easy. I have seen on the board Easy Peasy... it is the truth. I hope everyone is well.
  18. Congratulations on your quit day April!
  19. Holy cow I am still counting the days and today is day 6 NOPE for me
  20. El Bandito, I am so happy you didn't smoke- this tough time will pass- you have this.
  21. Amazing weekend- no issues. Maybe 4 pieces of Nicorette for each day not bad. I can't believe it is Sunday night already and I haven't smoked in 5 days. There is the occasional thought but it disappears as quick as it comes. I am happy. Very short 5th day entry sorry I still have to put dinner away and clean up before bed.
  22. I am not sure how to answer the question What made you decide to quit. I have always wanted to quit I have always known that smoking is not good for you. I have always known that my second hand smoke was not good for other people. I have tried to quit many times without success. I have always known that I should quit. This time there was really no choice I did not have to decide to quit .. I had to quit for me. Okay I am going to say I did not make this choice until I joined the quit train. I would not have done it otherwise. :)
  23. HI Soozie= better late than never Sweet Dreams!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.