Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Amy

  1. Okay- I am a new non smoker. I am 48 years old started at 13 I was up to 1 pack and a half or more per day. Bad Smokers cough and pressure on my chest. I had no plans to quit but I came upon the board and picked a date. 5 days I am amazed. I new I had to quit but the frame of mind just wasn't there. All of the literature and all of the positive support has been a great. For the board you must know I would not have done this otherwise. :)
  2. I have found it to be easy this time but it wasn't always I think support is very important- I wasn't planning on quitting at all until I came across this board. With the board I have to say it is easy
  3. Way to go 7 days as a non smoker :) Congrats! :)
  4. Good Sunday Morning- I do my NOPE pledge everyday- didn't need to be online all day was very busy with chores even got to give the dog a bath. Anyway I have to say this is easier than I ever thought it could be- I am sure that everyone knows the saying don't make a mountain out of a molehill...Well in the past I think that is what I did in my prior attempts to quit. It is really not that hard it is a clear choice that I do not smoke. TODAY IS DAY 5 FOR ME I am very happy- yesterday only 4 pieces of gum throughout the day. Thank you everyone for checking all is well. I hope you all are doing great as well. :)
  5. No smoking for me on this beautiful spring day. I pledge NOPE
  6. Ha Ha you are all so funny LOL
  7. I am here as well amazing day 4 I will not some ever NOPE
  8. Hi Sharon, Awesome 10 months I can't wait to get there congratulations!
  9. Congratulations Fay 11 months is fantastic!
  10. Congratulations!
  11. Amy replied to Amy's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    Hi Marti, My Aunt Shirley is from England- she hasn't lived there in a long time but she still has the accent. We will be having Easter dinner at her house this year.
  12. Hi Jackie, I am so happy you stayed on board. :)
  13. Petra, Congratulations! 9 months smoke free :)
  14. Congratulations on one month I am happy for you.
  15. I am happy you are locked in and committed. It sounds like you have your mind made up. I am happy to be going through this ride with you and this time is the last
  16. Amy replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    Tough choice Iran Feather Pillow or Foam Pillow
  17. Amy replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  18. 1 week today is awesome! WAY TO GO :)
  19. Amy replied to leahcaR's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    I love this post- congratulations on your 5 months 1week and 3 days
  20. Hi Soozie, New- 3rd day :) Nice to meet you in this great place. Congratulations on your quit!
  21. Amy posted a blog entry in Amy's Blog
    Good Morning Everyone Day 3 has arrived and I still feel on top of the world. I have a feeling of Euphoria. I have tried to quit before many times and it was never like this. For the first time my eyes are wide open and I am doing this no matter what. I am at work again and just ordered breakfast to get delivered (pork roll egg and cheese) not the healthiest but I am hungry oh orange juice to go with that. I already had two glasses of water and I am going for a third. There are times at home where I need to just take a few deep breathes and concentrate on breathing to get through a crave and then in the morning after I am done drying my hair (this is funny) I have to have a cigarette and then I am like I don't smoke. So basically I talk to myself. I am happy it is Friday. The work week is over and the weekend is mine. No plans to go anywhere this weekend just staying home and maintaining the homestead. I always have a ton of stuff that I want to get done on the weekends so I will be keeping busy. So I work in a small office and normally take out my 1 little bag of garbage every Friday before the end of the day. My normal smoking spot was next to the dumpster away from the door and out of view. I left my butt pile there by the dumpster until there are about 10 and then pick them up and throw them in the dumpster. This is my 3rd day not smoking and my butt pile was there next to the dumpster. The happy ending is I just picked up my last butt pile. I know I will be posting over the weekend- normally weekends I do not turn my computer on but this is different this is something I need to do.
  22. Amy posted a topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    I vow to love, honor, and cherish myself until I die. I will not poison myself with smoke because I care to much and I want to live. I want to say Thank You again to everyone on this board. I have more control over my actions than I ever thought I could. This is Awesome :) And yes- I am posting away
  23. Awesome post- I love it - I no longer have the same friend that you had
  24. Good Morning! 3rd day NOPE honestly this time I think it is for the rest of my life :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.