Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SD2026

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SD2026

  1. You're right @Doreensfree I thought I was aware of all the symptoms there could be but for some reason, tightness in the chest seemed wasn't on my list! It sure is now 😁
  2. That's very true @GonSo If it had continued I would seek medical advice but thankfully it seems to have gone 🤞
  3. Thanks @DenaliBlues I haven't had it back since and at least I now know it's all part of the recovery! I guess I just panicked as it's something I never had before. 🤐 Oh yes, my sleep pattern is all over the place. I'm still drinking coffee and will resist decaf at all costs! 😂
  4. I've been doing ok overall, better than what I was expecting. I still think about smoking but they are just fleeting thoughts. I was feeling a bit dizzy and disorientated but shrugged it off. I then had chest tightness on and off for a few hours. I didn't give it too much thought until the tightness felt worse. Unfortunately I started to panic which didn't help! 🙄 Luckily I was talked down and now know it is just part of the withdrawal. I don't think I've ever experienced that before. Funny thing is, when I was smoking I didn't get chest pain. The body healing is something else! I just thought I'd share in case anyone new is going through the same thing. 🙂
  5. Now for a non Christmas song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0J4Bgic1a8
  6. I know Christmas is well and truly over but I love this one - Bing Crosby and David Bowie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpXMy5GalI
  7. It has been a while since I've heard this! @Reciprocity
  8. NOPE! 🚭
  9. I've just read the Filling the Pages post and it certainly does make sense so thank you for posting it @Reciprocity! I want to up my exercise and fitness levels but haven't done that this week. Starting next week on that and it'll certainly fill some time. It's funny really, smoking actually wasted so much of our time even if we thought it was a quick smoke! I'm around 72 hours nicotine free now so I agree, no point in putting a patch on now, will just ride it out!
  10. That sounds about right @Reciprocity So far Day 3 and half of Day 4 has been the toughest and I had a patch on then! Go figure 😁
  11. Another perfect reason to quit/stay quit! 😁
  12. NOPE! 👌
  13. Eagle
  14. SD2026 replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Time together
  15. SD2026 replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    No Treat
  16. SD2026 replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Bees
  17. That's a huge positive not having to go out in the cold anymore! @GonSo😁
  18. Thank you for this post @DenaliBlues, super helpful! The below sentence really stood out to me. Great idea naming the weeks! I may start doing this so I can compare them and see the improvements! 😊
  19. Yes 2 days now! Thank you! I have thought about smoking a few times but not wanting to do it. I brushed it off and got stuck into doing something else. Hopefully this will continue! 🙏
  20. That's exactly it! I'm around 48 hours nicotine free now (on Day 7 no smoking) and if you told me at the beginning that I'd leave my patch off the first week I'd laugh saying no way! I'll see how it goes but will always be wary of any hiccups!
  21. Thank you @DenaliBlues If a tiny octopus in a top hat believes in me, I certainly have to believe in myself too! 😁
  22. SD2026 replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Garden
  23. SD2026 replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Haze Moon
  24. NOPE! 🙏

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.