Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QuittingGirl

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by QuittingGirl

  1. Thanks!! I keep plugging along Doreen. I just take one day at a time and try not to look too far ahead. I think the most difficult time for me is in the morning when I am having my coffee. I never smoked in my apartment. My mom and I have a 2 family house, she lives downstairs, I live upstairs and I have a terrace. My mom smokes in her apt so I would go down there and smoke or in the basement in the cold weather. When the weather was warmer I would go out on my terrace. Even when I went back to smoking the 2nd time, I never smoked up here. Anyway, I look forward to the day when I wake up and don't think of smoking anymore and I hope that happens soon!! I am quite proud of myself though. 😁 I think weaning myself was better for me than just going cold turkey. I honestly don't think I could have gone from smoking 3/4 pk to 1 pk a day and then to nothing. The weaning, even though was not easy, I feel was better for me than cold turkey, until I got down to the 2 cigs a day, which as many of you said, kept me in a constant state of withdrawal so that is when I decided to give up the 2 cigs. The urges were definitely worse when smoking 2 a day and also the first week. It is getting better, and I have you and all the other great people on this forum to thank for helping me along, especially when I have had my meltdowns!!! 🥰
  2. Have you tried Chantix? You can get it from your doctor, it's a prescription. The first time I quit it really helped me. It makes you forget to smoke. I was quit for 6 years when unfortunately my husband had a heart procedure and I was so stressed and nervous that I went back. Or you can try the Nicoderm patch or gum. A lot of people say that really helped them. Yes, keeping busy helps. I have been walking since I quit and I find that helps too, plus it's easier to breathe when you don't smoke. Hang in there!!
  3. Thanks!! I have prediabetes and want to get my A1C numbers down, so I'm hoping the walking will help. I even read that quitting smoking reduces your blood sugar. Thanks!!!
  4. Yikes, the hunger took a few months?? Thankfully, I have started a walking program the day I quit, so hopefully I won't gain any weight. I have to say though, I can breathe a bit better when I walk. My legs and feet still hurt but today I took 3,341 steps which is a huge amount for me. When I was smoking I could barely walk down the block and since I stopped, I have been walking 3-4 times a week. I started going around the block, and then did 2 extra blocks and today I did over half a mile!!! It was not easy, my feet and legs hurt but I wasn't out of breath like I would have been a month ago...I was just a little out of breath as that was the farthest that I have gone since I quit!!😁 I am so proud of myself, I really have come a long way!!!😆
  5. I know you say it gets better and it has since the first week, but I'm still struggling and it's been almost 19 days! Is it normal to struggle at this time in the quit? I still get lots of urges during the day, I can't deny it! And, I'm so freaken hungry a lot!! It's just not good!!😬 Plus, all the other problems I have in my life!!
  6. Thanks! Jill, I will take a look at that!! I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks!! But I did it!!!! I am a non smoker!!! Yippeee!!!! Thanks everyone for all your help! Its been so hard but I did it, and I'm going to do more!!!😄 I am doing this for ME, and nobody else, just ME!!!!! 😄👍
  7. I am tooting my own horn tonight!! It's almost 3 weeks, Yay! I still have urges every day, still lots of urges many, especially in the morning with my coffee, but I'm hanging in there. In addition to the usual cravings, I am struggling with marital problems! Is there a forum on here for that? I hope there is, But, I haven't smoked in almost 19 days, even with all my problems....so YAY!!! ME!!!!! 😁
  8. Thanks SP!! I take it one day at a time. I still get the urges but they are definitely not as bad as that first week. I look forward to the day when I don't get any urges at all anymore!
  9. Congratulations!!! That is so wonderful!!! 😁😁👍👍
  10. Congrats on going over a month!! That is fantastic! Yup, this group is great, they sure have been helping me! I can't wait to get to the point where I don't miss it anymore. I still miss it a bit, but it is getting easier as the time goes on.
  11. It seems a bit better today here in NYC.
  12. I sort of figured you were from Alaska, being that your Username is DenaliBlues. I've never been to Alaska, but I have watched many shows that take place there, including some that go way up to Prudhoe Bay! As of a few hours ago, it wasn't that bad!! Growing up in Alaska must have been so nice!! Does it ever get warm there, even in the end of June/beginning of July?
  13. Thanks Johnny, I love Classic Rock from back in the day!! That is my music!!!😄
  14. Yeah I guess it got way down there in NC! Now it's not so bad like around 1.30/2PM...hopefully the fires will be put out
  15. Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, I joined just a few weeks ago. Is there just a regular chat, you know, like talk about anything? Today, I want to know how all of you on the East Coast of North America, (USA and Canada) are doing because there are terrible wildfires in Canada, and here in NYC, where I live, it's been really bad. About 1.30/2PM EST the sky looked orange, almost like Armageddon😲, but after about an hour it's like a grey color. The sun looks like it wants to come out a bit. Hopefully it will. Anyway, I hope all Canadians and Americans are doing well, hopefully the fires in Canada will end soon! Anyway, are there forums for just regular chatting, like how's the weather, I'm going on vacation, my son is graduating from high school/college, Etc. Is this the right place? If not, please tell me, because I'm looking to have a chat forum, because it keeps my mind off of smoking! Thanks! 😃
  16. Asparagus
  17. Mango
  18. I hope it gets better because sometimes it seems like its getting worse! Thanks for your help! 🥰
  19. It seems that I take out my frustrations on the people that I care about the most and this is not good! It's almost 2 weeks since I had a cigarette so the nicotine is out of my system, then why am I still getting physical urges? I get that feeling in my mouth sometimes just like I did the first week of not smoking.
  20. I had a big argument with my best friend today over which type of salmon is better!! It was ridiculous but it's cause I'm so stressed out! I was having a few drinks while I was cooking and texting her. It was not easy while I was cooking. But, now is OK...I think I'm over it for the most part!
  21. Ohh I hope you are right that the urges will soon go away!! I don't smoke pot anymore, Ohhh Jill, I am going through hell for sure, as all of us have in the beginning!! It's just horrible!! 😬
  22. Wow!! 8 years old for your first cigarette!! Yeah I get it...I totally get it all! Its just so difficult when I have marital problems and just life problems and a mother who is not doing very well. 😢

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.