Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sunshine

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sunshine

  1. Thanks everyone
  2. Sunshine replied to Sunnyside's topic in Celebrations!
    Well done Sunnyside. Congratulations
  3. Congratulations Kris. Eight months is amazing. Thanks for all the support you give us newbies
  4. Thanks Sunnyside. I know there are plenty more rough days ahead.
  5. Yes jillar that's the post. I wanted to see how others faired with IF and how they did it etc. I did look through the foods for though but could not find it. Thanks for finding it😁
  6. Today marks my 7th day of not smoking. I woke up this morning with a feeling I can't explain except that for some reason I felt a bit better. Oh craves come and go and triggers aplenty to work through but this was more of an internal change. I seemed more relaxed. Still coughing but breathing a bit better. Maybe it's my brain getting more oxygen. I don't know. Maybe the anxiety has let up some. But it's the first time in 7 days that I felt a bit better. Will not get complacent or let my guard down, just enjoying this while it lasts.
  7. Doreen I cut back on carbs, stopped the sweets, and did some intermittent fasting several times a week. I read a post here where someone was doing IF but can't remember who it was. Can you search stuff on here and how do you search articles? Thanks
  8. Kris I read this post last night and being so new did not fully understand exactly what Victoria wanted. Advise on her interaction with her father or did she want help with quitting smoking. Thus I left it alone. When Victoria asks for help with quitting I will gladly do what I can. I think jillar sums it up best.
  9. That's the best way to do it. Just one day at a time. We just have to be patient and stay the course. I'm routing for both of us.
  10. Well Doreen I am overweight but had managed to take of 20 pounds recently and have kept it off so far. But I need to do something where I don't have to jump around. So happy you put me on to this. I am sure it will be a tremendous help especially with these quit up and downs😁
  11. Just happened to come across this today Doreen. Can't wait till my DVD gets here. Very interesting article.
  12. Nicotine free. I just now was reading through this post and did not realize you had a minor set back. So glad you took control of the situation and are back on track. We are now real close on quit dates. Do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. One really bad crave today that put me in bed. I never smoked in bed so I knew I was safe there. Drink lots of water. It has really helped me through some intense craves. Don't be ashamed of the relapse...be proud that you got right back on that awesome quit. I actually was sitting here reading posts and out of nowhere reached over to the end table to get a cigarette. I could not believe it. That kinda shook me to the core. Of course there were none. Sure is an ongoing battle.
  13. KEL. Ok me and Gus on the lido deck lol.
  14. Really educated dinosaur
  15. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    KEL I am gonna get some Valerian as soon as I feel it is safe to get out of my pajamas. I have seen meditation videos on YouTube but never tried it. Someone else on here suggested meditation techniques to me so I will look into the one you suggested. Also waiting on qi gong DVD I ordered on line. Until it gets here I will venture out next week and do the morning walk as intoxicated Yoda suggested, get me some Valerian and do what Kris is doing by staying awake longer in the day. You all have helped tremendously. Your the best.
  16. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Oh intoxicated Yoda such great advice in your post. A morning walk sounds ideal. I do need some sun as my vitamin D was a very low 13 percent at one point and is now at 22. Never thought of a light filter either. Hopefully like you things will turn around in another week or so. Your post is so informative and thanks so much😁. Need all the help I can get.
  17. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Yes Kris sounds exactly what I am doing. Up half the night then on and off sleep during the day. I can contribute some to our age and some to this to the quitting process. I am just so not motivated to do much except sleep. Feel and look like a used dish rag lately. But hanging in there. I keep saying when the going gets tough the tough get going.
  18. Yes KEL five days in. Almost at that one week mark. Hanging on and feeling a bit of confidence that I am on my way.
  19. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    KEL I do have chamomile tea. Never thought of that. I am going to try that later tonight. Don't know what Valerian is but will look it up. Appreciate the suggestions.
  20. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    jillar I do have melatonin which I have not taken so far. Just watched the above video and it helped to understand the sleep issues. It's just that the sleep patters change and it's so new to me. Thank goodness I no longer need to go to a job. At least I can sleep when the mood strikes. This too shall pass. Thanks for your help and encouragement. It means alot, especially in these trying times.
  21. I am 73 and began smoking right out of highschool. Never had a solid quit. It would be a week here or a few days quit and then re do the process over and over. When I decided to quit, this time for good, I had read and re read Alan Carr's Easy Way over and over until I finally got it. Smoking is doing nothing for me. It is killing me slowly. Being here these past few days has helped me stay the course. In a few days I will have a week into this forever quit. Being here has helped tremendously.
  22. Sunshine replied to Kdad's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    Well I just woke up from a long nap. My problem seems to be up half the night and then sleeping three or four hours in the day time. This seems to be a pattern that started within the last few days. Seems as if I am over tired. I just woke up now and it feels like I need to go back to bed. Hope this doesn't last long. Gonna watch the above video now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.