Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KEL

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KEL

  1. @GusNot to be persnickety but what is wrong with your ticker? Its not right.... Because you have (we all have) fought hard for our time and it needs to be reflected accurately!!💯
  2. Thanks for sharing. I am at day 108 (?). I started running again (@7500 feet so its a good challenge-lungs healing) and lost four pounds. I'm going to start Tai Chi classes at the local gym because why not? People in the movies look so peaceful doing it... The anxiety is a bitch. That and the depression seems to be what all of us quitters struggle with. But we are way better off than six months ago, no? Keep on keeping on!
  3. @DianneGlad you are here. I followed your journey and its been inspiring which I needed today so thank you. Hope you will stick around as it sure does help me (and everyone on the QT methinks). Congratulations!
  4. Here where it should be snowing, its mid-50's and beautiful. While I appreciate the warmth, it makes me really sad since we need water and I would like to ski. Hope everyone on the QT has a great and smoke-free day!
  5. @Angeleekcongratulations!
  6. Wow! Congrats! Right behind you....
  7. @KrisYour post above rendered a legal opinion. I pointed out that opinion is not accurate only to have you ask me to explain how it works. I am not here to give legal advice. I would recommend that if any one has concerns over insurance coverage they contact their carriers or attorneys for clarification.
  8. @Kate18I commented previously and realized it was not well-received. I can appreciate your concerns but based on my experience its unlikely your worst fears will be realized.
  9. KEL replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Yeah I hate updates. Except this is not one I am going to give up on. Just keeps our quits FRESH!
  10. That's a sweet topic @notsmokinjo. My people hail from Canada so it was summers in Vancouver picking blackberries down the lane from my grandmother's house. She used to make a lattice-topped pie. I am pretty sure I took after her: she smoked for 40 years or something but lived well until her late 80's.
  11. @JoanDWelcome and congratulations! That is a super impetus. I am really glad you are here!
  12. (Uh, f-ck) NOPE.
  13. @garry mhudsonDon't think one can ever be "late" on congratulations. Its such an amazing accomplishment @Linda! Deserves to be recognized for quite a while...
  14. @Gus. Truer words!
  15. Thanks for the information. I think its critical we take ownership of the damage. But I also think it can be dangerous since we really have no idea of why some people have health effects from smoking for a certain period of time while others don't. We can all agree that quitting is a good thing and there will be healing. Both my mom and one of my oldest friends had "lung cancer." However, neither smoked. Their form was on the lowest of the malignancy scale. They had surgery and are both fully recovered. My mom's was over 25 years ago. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and vice-versa. Life is somewhat of a crap shoot and all we really have is this present moment.
  16. @intoxicated yodaI actually think that is not a terrible thing. I've gone through non-coffee stages and for me its really about the comfort/ritual of making the coffee then sitting with it. Very much like the ritual of smoking. However, I get just as much from a cup of herbal tea and there are some really good brands out there now. I am liking the "Yogi" brands, especially the tangerine/energy tea. Its got caffeine in it without the heaviness of coffee...
  17. KEL replied to jillar's topic in Socializing
    Here.
  18. Yeah it has been a bit quiet! Probably just the New Year and everyone feeling a bit out-of-sorts. At least that is what it feels like to me....Wishing everyone a beautiful smoke-free day!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.