Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Birch

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Birch

  1. Made it through the shift. Relaxing at home. Didn’t smoke! Thanks you guys! @jillar @Lust4Life
  2. Starting my lunch. So. Can’t speak to the health of any choices but hoping I’ll feel better in a few. Unfortunately my shift partner is the kind who’d prefer if I smoke tonight. Can’t blame him. I’m a wreck driving around, gripping the steering wheel so hard it hurt. But the worst place for me during a craving is letting someone else drive at work.
  3. I am a Security guard with full access to every breakroom, locker room, and maintenance shop on-site. I have used my keys to steal someone’s smokes before when I ran out, and hated myself for it. Four hours until I’m off and my skin is crawling. I don’t know what to do.
  4. The first eight days were easy. I worked 16 hours last night til 8am, and then came back in 8 hours later. I cried last night and tried to tell myself it was just the shift I was working. I don’t know if I am prepared for this. I wasn’t in a great place before quitting and I only feel more depressed, I hate my job but it provides my housing so I can’t just make that change. I thought quitting would be a start to making the changes I need to make. I work in the outdoors in the mountains and I feel like I have lost all appreciation for it because that was my favorite part of cigarettes up here - getting lost in the views of the mountains and the stars. Tonight’s my last night of work this week which is a relief but I’m so afraid I’m just gonna start drinking heavily.
  5. Thanks everyone! Off to work in post-surgery pain for day 7 after quitting... it snowed where I am so that should make stepping outside that much harder tonight. Fortunately I have already boarded the NOPE train!
  6. My first NOPE thread, and it’s a NOPE from me!
  7. Thank you @Doreensfree! Thanks @notsmokinjo, everything the surgeon and staff gave me said anywhere from 3 days to a week on the smoking and most other things - I can tell you I feel far from healed so I’m glad I haven’t smoked. The pain and all the wound care has also distracted me from the first few days of quitting. Co-workers said they smoked in the first day or two without dry socket, but I don’t look to them for much! Appreciate all your tips and warm welcomes 😊
  8. Hi there, I don’t know if I belong here, I quit a week ago (plus some minutes!) before getting my wisdom teeth out. I smoked for eight years starting in college, anywhere from a quarter to a half pack a day. I know that’s “nothing” to some individuals. I’m a security guard in the mountains - middle of nowhere. In the summer it’s boring, in the winter it’s stressful and fun - but it’s beautiful year-round. Anyway I live and work here, and it’s filled with triggers. I’m past the whole post-surgery don’t-smoke deal, but trying to ride this as long as I can for my boyfriend and for me. Couldn’t give up the weed, don’t know if I ever will. That’s probably another post for another site. I figured this quit was more pressing and I hope this can help me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.