Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. I beg to differ, the cravings totally existed for me. For me the stress was brought on by the craving. If I hadn't of been craving I wouldn't have been stressed. This sentence completely contradicts what the author is trying to say that cravings don't exist. Furthermore, if you didn't crave nicotine you wouldn't still be using NRT's three years after quitting. This is only my opinion and you know what they say about opinions...…..
  2. Congratulations on your new job pumpkin, good things are happening for you for sure! 😊
  3. Might embrace another New Yorker Might
  4. Its still there @Sazerac lol
  5. Saw the orbiting rocket explode Orbit
  6. Need kielbasa sausage
  7. Darning old socks
  8. Congratulations on six months free ekptr, that is awesome!! 😊
  9. Ruled over Yugoslavia
  10. Can we have a 5 letter word please 😁😁
  11. "Omg" daddy exclaimed
  12. Created a really delicious stew Stews
  13. jillar replied to jillar's topic in Games
    Elections these days do seem to be complete nonsense...
  14. Shopping on Amazon kindle sucks Shops
  15. I need exorcism
  16. Yay pumpkin, you're doing great!!
  17. jillar replied to Boo's topic in Off The Record
  18. Woohoo Sammy, congratulations on one year quit! What an awesome accomplishment. I hope you do something special for yourself to celebrate 😊
  19. We all had that fear when we first quit. And Most of us had multiple failed quits. I'm convinced that my success is because I found a support forum with people who were either going through the same things I was or had been through them and assured me it would get better. That's what you too will get here. We have so many articles, tips and clues even a video library of quit smoking material. The best clue I got was using my air cigarette, we call it JAC (jillars air cigarette), when a bad crave hit. I just pretended I was holding an actual cigarette in my fingers and then went through the motions of 'smoking' it. I couldn't believe how well it worked at tricking my brain into thinking it was getting the real thing. Some people use cut straws, pens, even licorice! Also stock up on sweets, you'll probably be craving them in the beginning. I was addicted to soft peppermint puffs for a whole year lol. And when you're ready to take a break head over to our social forums. Tons to do there from games, to an awesome song thread to jokes and everything in between 😊
  20. Welcome aboard ceeray, yes that is no way to live. Years ago I too tried hypnosis to stop smoking and lasted about the same amount of time as you. You know why? Because I truly wasn't ready to quit. This addiction looks for every little crack to get back in that's why it's so important to not only want to quit but to also be ready to quit. Once you know that you are, nothing is going to come between you and your freedom from smoking. You can do it, we're all proof of that. As far as using NRT's go, please don't smoke and use them at the same time. It's very dangerous. Also keep in mind that using them keeps you addicted to nicotine which you'll have to kick at some point to be truly free. We have tons of resources, clues that worked for us and support to help you succeed so I hope you decide you're ready. We love a quitter 😊
  21. Caught looking out window naked Shade
  22. Opening restaurant tomorrow
  23. Congratulations saz on the new position. You're going to be a great mod!! 😘😘
  24. jillar replied to Boo's topic in Off The Record
    If you're uploading them from a digital camera just use the program that came with your camera. Otherwise if the pic is on my phone I forward it to my email and save it from there to my picture folder on my computer. You shouldn't have to change the format at all to do that. Then when you're ready to post here, I click choose files next to the paperclip below this text box. Choose from where to get it and it will open your pic folder. Click on the pic you want and it will automatically download it. Doreen, I copy the address from the browser address bar of the video I'm viewing then come here and paste it. It works every time 😊

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.